iPhone starts playing music "on its own"

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by desertman, Sep 30, 2015.

1. desertman macrumors 6502a

Since some time my iPhone starts often playing music "on its own" when I end a phone call, and I can not find the pattern behind it. I just end a call - and often immediately after that the one and only album that I have on my iPhone starts playing. I never had this until some months ago.

I almost never use my iPhone for listening to music. Whenever this is happening I was not listening to music when or before the call started.

Can somebody tell me what I might be doing here that causes this behavior, or how else I can prevent this? Thanks.

2. MacSafe macrumors regular

using ios 9?
    sounds for me like "proactive" feature. try to cancel it on settings(?) i dont know ios 9 well.

3. desertman thread starter macrumors 6502a

This started already with iOS 8 - not from the very beginning but some months ago.
    What is a "proactive iOS feature"? I never heard this term before.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

http://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/#siri

5. desertman thread starter macrumors 6502a

... it certainly has in my case nothing to do with the new iOS 9 "proactive" features since it started already with iOS 8.

6. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

I have the same problem. Sometimes when ending a call a random song starts playing.

No idea how to fix this.

7. nick19 macrumors member

nick19

My wife had this with her iPhone 6, they examined phone, found liquid damage, and she ended up having the phone replaced under AppleCare+.