iPhone Startup Chimes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Intelligent, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Intelligent macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

Don't you think iPhones should have a startup sound? I've always loved macintosh computer startups, because apple makes them cool, they should really make iPhone/iPad startup sounds. :)

2. dan1eln1el5en macrumors 6502

dan1eln1el5en

nope...

imagine getting out of the cinema or off the plane and all the iPhone users are swithing their phones on again...

"hello! I gottan an iphone" is one part, the other is the shear annoyance...

3. I7guy macrumors G5

The last thing an iPhone needs is one more sound.

4. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

iPhone Startup Chimes

My iMac startup sound annoys the hell out of me, not to mention is loud at night when people are asleep!

If my phone had it too, it would drive me mad...

5. Mrbobb macrumors 601

On me old Razr, not only it let you assign start and shutdown sounds but full animation video, but I never assigned it a startup anything, like when I turn it on I am in a hurry and don't need any more delays. Shutdown though I had that Terminator sequence where it goes down the furnace and the visor/screen shuts down. :)

6. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

Like a Samsung device? I find it annoying.

On a Mac though its timeless and I love it.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That statement right there is an open indictment on Apple's view on silencing your iPhone. You should not HAVE to turn it off to make it perfectly silent!

Do Not Disturb (at least under iOS 6) only works when the phone is unlocked. Ring/Silent switch? Hey that works, except if you forget to turn off an alarm!

When I had my Window Mobile 6.1 Pro phone I could silence the entire thing by pressing and holding one button. Apple takes two or more toggles and if you want to be safe you got to turn it off completely.

Just dumb!

8. blarivee macrumors 6502

Please no startup tunes for the iPhone. Previous phones all did that and I frequently modded the firmware to get rid of it.

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

Look at all the threads about people begging to find a way to stop the Mac startup chime......

I don't want more annoying sounds that can't be turned off.

10. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I hate the Mac startup sound and do not want one on my iphone