iPhone still generating a smile after these many months...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KUKitch, Jan 10, 2008.

1. KUKitch macrumors member

KUKitch

This may get talked about pretty often, but as I'm "relatively" new here I thought I'd see how people are feeling about their iEverythings. I still get chills pulling the phone out of my pocket and unlocking it, which for me with a phone usually only lasts about ~4-5 weeks if I'm lucky. I'm curious to hear opinions, good or not good (possible?;)). Obviously they are scattered all over this place, but not so much in one place. I say consolidation is a solution to that issue.:)

Lemme know!

2. iTiki macrumors 6502

Bought my iPhone about a week after they came out and I'm as happy today as the first day I got it. In fact after owning several other cell phones, it's the only cell phone that I have ever really liked. If I broke it day, I would buy another first thing tomorrow.:D

Mike

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I don't get chills over a phone. Sorry. It feels pretty "normal."

4. camarobh macrumors 6502

Yup, still love it

Bought mine on launch day, haven't stopped smiling yet. I love my iPhone as much today as the minute I bought it.

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Still loving it. When i pull it outta my pocket, the weight still amazes me. Its hefty, not heavy, and just feels amazing !! Still waiting for 3rd party apps (free) without hacking...Would just be a nice addition.

6. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Yea, still as pleased with my phone as the day I got it.

There is Afew things that would make it better but nothing software updates and the SDK can't sort out. It is definatley well worth the money.

7. Jade Cambell macrumors 6502

Yup, I know what you mean. It's a friggin computer that surfs the internet (my favorite thing), makes phone calls, has google earth, plays all my favorite music and movies, shows pictures at a quality much higher than most people's physical 3x5 photos, checks my email, and has Wi-Fi!... AND FITS IN MY POCKET!! :eek::D:D

I still feel like it's a gift from God, after all these months.

8. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Sometimes when I spend a large amount of money (like $600) on a piece of technology, I think "why did I buy this?" a few months later... but with the iPhone, I still consider it money well spent.

As I've told other people: It has its flaws, but I wouldn't use any other phone.

9. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Sometimes I take it out of my pocket just to unlock it :eek:

Very much a happy camper right here...

10. island macrumors 6502

island

11. Oh-es-Ten macrumors regular

Oh-es-Ten

Previously I used to be a pretty regular upgrader of handsets, I would also jump from Nokia to SE depending on how appealing the model was.

However since getting an iPhone, the thought of going back to using something else makes me very uncomfortable, especially as I know Apple has a some really cool plans as far as software goes.

As someone said earlier, there would be no hesitation at going and buying another one straight away if you had to.

Some may say its expensive, but in some ways it is the device most of us have with us 24-7, so you want it to be good.

iPhone is probably the best device (of anything), I have ever bought.

12. Antj29 macrumors member

saved me time as i used to go through phiones on a monthly basis, buy one get bored, buy one get bored. Now its easy the only phone i will buy next is the new iphone when it comes out, simple really.

13. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I had never viewed my iPhone as an iPod replacement as the capacity was low compared to my 30gig and I didnt know how it would work with the controller in my car. I was surprised this morning on how it integrated into the stereo. So yes, I am still quite happy with my iPhone. I dont think it ever gave me chills but it certainly is much more of a pleasure to use than my old treo and I loved my old treo.

14. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i'm just like iTiki here with how much i'm satisfied with my iphone. i'm very surprised by this - i am the type to get a new phone every 6 months or so, but there's no other phone out there that even tempts me in comparison to the iphone. and it can only get better with the release of the sdk!

15. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

Never thought of the pain of downgrading...

I've had mine for almost a month, and it still fascinates me. And it's even better have it sync flawlessly with OS X. My boss has a PC and keeps wishing he had iCal, Address Book etc so he could sync his better; he refuses to use Outlook.

The other day I went to ship my old cell phone that I sold on eBay, and half-way there I realized I forgot to write down the address, and I was flustered for a second, until I realized that iPhone Safari doesn't suck and would save the day. Which it did.

While the features (email, phone, etc) aren't new for a phone, everything else shatters the competition. Just the thought of having to downgrade to a 'normal' cell phone makes me cringe, I hope it never happens.

16. josielinnea macrumors regular

josielinnea

Had mine for about 2 months. I used to buy a new phone every 3 months or so because I got bored and wanted something new. I remember how I just HAD to get the Samsung E900 for it's 2(!) "touch"-buttons below the screens.. hehe.
    Now nothing can compare to the iPhone. If I broke mine today I would get a new one right away, no doubt in mind.

17. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Absolutely, though I hope there is a fairly major update on Monday.

Phazer

18. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

i never got one, but my roomie sold his in nov.

19. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Judging by your signature you don't fully understand what this Apple thing is all about :)

I love mine still (bought on UK launch in Nov).

I'd keep after an upgrade if it's only 3G and 16GB too.

20. Project macrumors 68020

The thing that amazes me is that it is still spotless. No scratches or anything.

21. ctakim macrumors 6502

I think it is just as cool today as it was on launch day +1 when I first bought it. Best phone purchase I ever made.:)

22. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

It truly is an amazing device. I am further astounded by how easily it can be updated with new functionality.

23. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

as I find more things to do with it I become happier with my purchase. This phone is simply awesome.

24. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Waited in line on D-Day and I would do it again and again!

Things would be getting a bit dry had I not hacked mine. Playing with all the brilliant developments keeps a smile on my face!

25. McGiord, Jan 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Best portable device ever.
    There are a lot of expectations to get many improvements and new features, nowdays most them are software related.
    To avoid any unwanted slippage/damage use a good silicone skin.
    ________
    Valiant