Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphnhelp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
This started in iOS 5 and is still happening in iOS 6 with the iPhone 5.

Sometimes after ending a call audio will start playing automatically, even if audio wasn't playing when the call came in. This is really annoying because I'm always worried that it will randomly start blaring music in a quiet hallway at work, etc. (Which has happened). This happens with the Music app and 3rd party apps like ihearteadio or Podcasts.

Was hoping they would fix this by now. Still nothing. Anyone experience the same thing or have any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks.

i-John

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2008
The Republic of Texas
It's the iPhone singing the song of it's people. ;)

seriously, that is weird.... never heard of it before.

When you hang up, are you ending it on the phone or by your earbuds button? I routinely push it more than once by mistake and it keeps starting my music.

iphnhelp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
It happens with the headphone and without. And I've hit the earpod button twice before too, but this is different.

lothariorowe

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
It happens with the headphone and without. And I've hit the earpod button twice before too, but this is different.

Same issue has just started happening for me on the new iPhone 5. I use the phone in front of customers, so it's pretty embarrassing when music starts playing after ending an important phone call...

More disturbing is the lack of results in Google when searching for this error :|

ruckleapple

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
Japan
This just happened to me. Hung up a call and then almost ****** myself when the podcast app started blaring full ball. what gives?

Last edited:
Yup, I had this happen to me in iOS 5 and now in iOS 6 :(

It occasionally happens after a call, but I've mostly noticed it after I snooze an alarm. It's a pretty rare occurance in general though... But my music did start automatically earlier today after I started a navigation through siri.

And yesterday I left my iPhone on my desk as I went to go talk to a coworker, and when I got back my podcast was playing because my wife called about 10 minutes earlier. Kinda embarrassing...

mikegee

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
I am having the same issue. Has happened with Podcasts after receiving a text, call, and snoozing alarm. Figured I'd reply to get some more mojo on the issue.

csunflip

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
happens to me too....Joe Rogan dropping f bombs at the pediatricians office on full blast! Scared the hell out of me.

jacky28c

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2012
I have a weird experience too, kinda scary unless it is a feature!

When I have my phone (4s, ios5) in the JBL dock. It is all fine and charging. As soon as I turn on the lights in the room, it starts playing music! It doesn't stop when I turn off the lights though!

I thought it has some sort of light sensor so I tried covering it up but I can't reproduce the same thing. Weird.

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Just found this this thread after searching Google for a solution. Seems to only happen with the podcast app.

Yet another thing to add to my list of bugs/annoying things found in iOS6

Anyone found a solution?

Radar1971

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
Darn iOS6

Same problem with podcasts and music after a call for me too. I have the iPhone 4 and I use the red "end" button to end a call and the player starts up. Didn't have that problem before, ever, with previous OS.

Also - I'm finding now, at odd times, it won't go to sleep. I sometimes forget to hit the sleep button when i slip it in my pocket. I'll pull it out 30 minutes later and find it's still on. It's random - doesn't always happen. But it sure leaves me with a dead battery when it happens.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I just tried this out on my 4S. I placed a phone call to #646 just to establish a call. When I disconnect from the call, spotify starts playing for a split second then shuts off.

drazowsky

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2012
Same thing

For me it's definitely a "podcast" issue, as opposed to iTunes. Happens every time. Mrr.

wonder-boy

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
4S on iOS6 and this has happened to me only once. I find it is when i have left the music app, or in my case spotify, open in the background with out closing it fully.

Fright of my life when music blasted out after a call on the headphones!

poppy10

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
UK
Only happens with the new podcasts app for me. Deleting and reverting to using the inbuilt Music app for podcasts solved the problem

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California
This started in iOS 5 and is still happening in iOS 6 with the iPhone 5.

Sometimes after ending a call audio will start playing automatically, even if audio wasn't playing when the call came in. This is really annoying because I'm always worried that it will randomly start blaring music in a quiet hallway at work, etc. (Which has happened). This happens with the Music app and 3rd party apps like ihearteadio or Podcasts.

Was hoping they would fix this by now. Still nothing. Anyone experience the same thing or have any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks.

I have it happen to me as well. And in my case, it is not limited to Podcasts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.