iPhone Stock Ticker Widget - Percent Change?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by djyoungcity, Oct 18, 2011.

1. djyoungcity macrumors newbie

Has anyone else noticed that you can change the way the stocks are shown in the stocks app to percent change, actual up/down value, and market cap. Yet on the actual widget, you cannot change it from actual up/down in $ to a percentage.

Does anyone know how to change the actual widget in the Notification Center to use percentage instead of actual dollars?

iPhone 4S, iOS5, 64GB, Verizon

2. ryan2714 macrumors newbie

been trying to figure this out for myself. $ change is worthless in my eyes, need % to know what's going on

3. jdguggs10 macrumors member

jdguggs10

also...

does it take a few seconds for the stocks widget to update in the notification center? When I pull the notification center down I will be looking at old quotes, quotes from the last time I checked notification center... and have to wait for it to update.

Is the widget behaving the same way for you both?

4. djyoungcity thread starter macrumors newbie

I honestly don't use the widget just because it doesn't have percent change. I use the cnbc rt app. But it would be nice have real time percentage based quotes in the notification center.

5. blinkless macrumors newbie

stock widget percentage

easy…Just click on the number (ont the right) to toggle between $ and %.

6. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

its this way even with the weather widget, it won't update till you actually pull it down and it will still have old data.