iPhone stolen and recovered by police

Bolebent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
Denmark
Must tell this, 2 hours ago my wife was robbed when outside shopping mall.
While she was stoving gods in the back someone steals her bag from the front seat, she did not see the guy, but somebody else saw it and called the police emidiatly, and within minutes they are there.
My wife borrowed a phone and calls me. I log onto Icloud Find my Iphone, and can se that the phone is moving quite fast about a mile away and moving closer to where the police is.
I guide the police and within 15 minutes they find 2 persons with the bag, Iphone, purse with credit cards etc, everything is there except a little cash mony.
Thank you Apple, for having that feature, this would not have been possible if we did not have find my Iphone

lawlbringer

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
Glad to hear your wife is OK first and foremost.

Also, where do you live? Stuff like seriously makes me want to get gun training.

ppenn

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2013
Agreed! If in the USA you would not have seen this happen.

Demark must have great police!
In the US it would take the police at least 30 minutes to show only to have them tell you "this happens all of the time. Nothing we can do. Hope you have insurance."

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
Great! Wonder if it could happen in the U.S.?
It does, and it has.

Glad to hear your wife is OK first and foremost.

Also, where do you live? Stuff like seriously makes me want to get gun training.
First training lesson. Know the law.

If a thief grabs your purse from the front seat, while you are around back. Grab and runs. You shoot him in the back. You are going to jail. You were not in a position to be in fear of your life. Not even if you were a wealthy FL WASP shooting a pant sagging druggy with a record. In the back, goto jail.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
In the US it would take the police at least 30 minutes to show only to have them tell you "this happens all of the time. Nothing we can do. Hope you have insurance."
Agreed. We now only have unions providing police services poorly!:rolleyes:

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
It does, and it has.

If a thief grabs your purse from the front seat, while you are around back. Grab and runs. You shoot him in the back. You are going to jail. You were not in a position to be in fear of your life. Not even if you were a wealthy FL WASP shooting a pant sagging druggy with a record. In the back, goto jail.
Right. Self defense doesn't allow you to shoot in this situation. Now if the criminal is charging at you holding a knife and screaming "give me your phone!", then you might be able to shoot..

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
o
It does, and it has.

In Tx you can use lethal force if you catch the thief stealing your property

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
Must tell this, 2 hours ago my wife was robbed when outside shopping mall.
While she was stoving gods in the back someone steals her bag from the front seat, she did not see the guy, but somebody else saw it and called the police emidiatly, and within minutes they are there.
My wife borrowed a phone and calls me. I log onto Icloud Find my Iphone, and can se that the phone is moving quite fast about a mile away and moving closer to where the police is.
I guide the police and within 15 minutes they find 2 persons with the bag, Iphone, purse with credit cards etc, everything is there except a little cash mony.
Thank you Apple, for having that feature, this would not have been possible if we did not have find my Iphone
Always good to hear things turn out this way. Amen for find my iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.