iPhone stolen need advice?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jgraeff, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Jgraeff macrumors member

hey guys so today i was with my daughter and cousin at our community pool for my apartment complex. We had our table close to the pool and next to the gym exit.

My phone was partially covered with my shirt, but someone swiped it, i only noticed one person leaving the gym that wasn't in the areas the whole time.

My phone had a wallet case, they got my credit card and license, and racked up quite a bit of money in an hour. Hopefully they can ID him at one of the stores.

my question is, if i don't get my phone back which i probably won't, I'm not eligible for an upgrade until next october, so how do i go about getting another device? Will i have to pay outright?

also if your wondering the thief turned the device off and i can't use find my iPhone to track it.

2. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Buy a used iPhone on eBay or Craigslist. You may even be able to purchase your old one back.

3. Jgraeff thread starter macrumors member

4. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

Ok, here's my advice:

Try to find the person that did it next time you are around that area.
    But before, go to walmart and get yourself a bat, not them aluminum ones, get a wooden one, those do damage.

But on a real note, your best alternative is to just simply buy another iPhone - an unlocked one that doesn't require any changes to your contract at whatever carrier you have.
    Or:
    Buy it off of eBay or check Craig's list, you should find some iPhones there.

Best of luck and I hope that you can recover your phone!!

-Juan

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Take it as a lesson learned.
    You should never leave your belongings out such as an expensive phone and wallet with credit cards.
    If you're not eligible for an upgrade then you can buy one full price or get one used that is cheaper.
    Not much you can do.
    But you can disable the phone and activation lock it so at least its useless now.

6. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Check Swappa I see some good prices on there.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

^^^THIS^^^

I do not understand why anyone, even for a minute, would leave their iPhone and credit cards out of you sight.

Yep consider it a lesson learned and I am sorry for your loss.