iPhone Stolen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Interstella5555, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

So I finally get to add myself to crime statistics and got mugged tonight. Cancled service, changed passwords on everything, and am reactivating my 2G tomorrow. Anything I'm missing? I don't have mobile me or anything, so tracing's not an option, police report has been filed. Thanks, just remember, you can still get mugged at 7:00PM at night in a well lit area.

2. Gudus macrumors newbie

:( many sympathies. . . it's gonna be okay, man, we'll get through this . . ;)

3. Swift Sketcher macrumors regular

I'm sorry :(
    How did it happen? Did you have it out in your hand or was it in a car? Pickpocket? Anyway, it seems you got it all covered in terms of cutting ties with the stolen phone.

4. Interstella5555 thread starter macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Stupidly, I've lived in cities for the past 8 years and just wasn't paying attention at 7:30 when walking over to a friend's house. 2 guys basically pulled me into an alley and jumped me. I managed to get through it without being hurt, and the most valuable thing my unemployed ass had on me was my phone.

5. Mochi Hana macrumors 6502a

Mochi Hana

I'm sorry that you got mugged. D: I can't think of anything else that you could do though.

6. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

Well, at least it is good news you weren't hurt. It sounds like you did everything you should have with the phone.

Sad part is, the people/scum who stole the phone will probably sell it for enough drugs to get them high for about a half hour not realizing that if they would put the effort into a job they could live an honest life.

7. pbateman macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear that...but the good thing is you weren't hurt. I was mugged at gunpoint years ago and to this day I still rage about it...
    Anyways, out of curiosity, in these cases if you want to replace your phone does AT&T/Apple make you pay full price, early upgrade price or what kind of pricing would you have to pay to get the I4 again? Considering you just got the phone so you're not eligible for an upgrade...

8. molala macrumors 6502a

Glad you weren't hurt as well. Worst thing you could do is fight back and get yourself shot or knifed. No phone is worth that.

Are you getting it replaced btw? Any insurance? Credit card insurance?