Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ety

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
I had my iPhone stolen Friday, I left it in my locked gym locker and came back the door was ripped open with the lock still on it. I never activated it with AT&T thankfully because the person was nice enough to leave my Treo and my wallet after emptying it. I called AT&T today, they said they couldn't do anything because it wasn't activated, Apple of course was able to report it stolen in about 30 seconds. I'm very sure I know who toke it, but I can't prove it, is there anyway I can trace it or see if it's been activated?

The Long Story: The kid has been know for stealing other people's iPods and selling them, but no one has been able to catch him. He also happens to be in the class were almost all the theifs take place, and only my locker was broken into, and it was not my normal one so it had to be someone in the class who saw what locker I used. He also walked off the football field in the middle of class acting mad. Then when asked by the principle he said he was going to the bathroom in the locker room, which doesn't make sense because the locker room is a farther walk then the bathroom.:confused: I also find it weird that he was questioned for 30 minutes by the principle, if it wasn't him I would have expected him to say something to me today or for his parents to call to complain. Any ideas would be great.

MrT8064

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
UK
I had my iPhone stolen Friday, I left it in my locked gym locker and came back the door was ripped open with the lock still on it. I never activated it with AT&T thankfully because the person was nice enough to leave my Treo and my wallet after emptying it. I called AT&T today, they said they couldn't do anything because it wasn't activated, Apple of course was able to report it stolen in about 30 seconds. I'm very sure I know who toke it, but I can't prove it, is there anyway I can trace it or see if it's been activated?

The Long Story: The kid has been know for stealing other people's iPods and selling them, but no one has been able to catch him. He also happens to be in the class were almost all the theifs take place, and only my locker was broken into, and it was not my normal one so it had to be someone in the class who saw what locker I used. He also walked off the football field in the middle of class acting mad. Then when asked by the principle he said he was going to the bathroom in the locker room, which doesn't make sense because the locker room is a farther walk then the bathroom.:confused: I also find it weird that he was questioned for 30 minutes by the principle, if it wasn't him I would have expected him to say something to me today or for his parents to call to complain. Any ideas would be great.

BAD LUCK,

stage a conversation to a friend arround him 'someone just nicked my iphone, buy my dad bourght me another, its in my locker' then catch him trying to break in again

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
beat the sh*t out of the guy until he admits it and gives it back, or forks over some dolla for the replacement.

But on a far more serious note, if you have the box, you should have the serial and IMEI right, well, cant cellular providers/police/powers that be, block IMEI numbers now? So phones that are stolen, are pretty useless. I know it doesn't get your phone or money back, but at least the douche hasn't got a working phone out of you.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
beat the sh*t out of the guy until he admits it and gives it back, or forks over some dolla for the replacement.

Sort of unfortunate that many thieves will keep stealing until they are put in the hospital and left crippled.

If you beat him, it'll have to leave several broken bones.

Just beating him will make him mad and get your house or car nailed, you have to hurt him to make him run from you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.