iPhone Stolen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gillilandboy, Dec 1, 2008.

1. gillilandboy macrumors 6502

Well I just my iPhone stolen. I will save you all story. Anyway how much is it going to be to get a new iPhone? I bought mine on 3G launch day. Is there anyway I could get it for 200 bucks again? I really don't have the cash to spend 400 bucks.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Nope, there isn't any way. Best bet is to look on eBay and craigslist for a used iPhone if you want it at cheaper than retail.

This is why you insure high cost items ;)

4. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

nope i lost mine and had to replace it. in the US: $399 for the 8gb or $499 for the 16.

5. gillilandboy thread starter macrumors 6502

This sucks. What if I cried to Apple/AT&T think they would help me out?

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol no i wouldnt count on that

7. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

My homeowners insurance covers theft of the phone worldwide. Check with your insurance company. You will have to pay the deductible though.:eek:

8. gillilandboy thread starter macrumors 6502

9. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

I know you said you will save the story, but in the mean time tell us what happened... maybe it can help some of us in future experiences.

10. gillilandboy thread starter macrumors 6502

I was walking in to class texting and I set my phone down on the desk and then set down my backpack to grab my books and when I went to grab my phone it was gone.

11. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

You could try but what's to stop people from doing this when they decide it's time to get a newer phone or one for a friend who doesn't feel like paying full price or getting a contract?

12. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

1) Ask people in class
    2) Ask teacher
    3) Go to principle and dean to report it.

You could try crying to Apple/ATT. They gave some person on this forum a free iPhone after he dropped his and it shattered.

13. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

People are such ****heads.

Most of them anyway...

No offense to any of you of course. :D

14. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

I would have made a ruckus.

Some heads may have been ripped off in the process.

Or... You could have borrowed someone else's phone, to dial your number, and beat the fool the ringing lead you to.

Man... That's pretty messed up!

15. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

yeah, i would probably stop anyone near me and if it was class room i would say like anyone get out of here.

16. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Typical of the ******* society we live in. Sorry for your loss, but there is basically nothing you can do (although check with your insurance if you have it).

17. gillilandboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I thought the same thing and borrowed my friends phone to call my phone the only problem is my iPhone was on vibrate so that didn't do me much good. I don't think I'm going to get it back so I guess I will have to pony up the $500 bucks for a new phone. There goes my Christmas. I called AT&T to freeze my account or what ever you want to call it. Guess I will be making a trip to the Apple Store tonight. Ugh.

18. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Before buying it, even is there is no hope. try reporting this tot he school. exactly where happened this in a class room or hallway?

19. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Did you report it stolen to AT&T? Maybe there is something they can do in case the person who stole your phone tries to bring it into a store and get the number changed over.

Also, try calling your phone and leave a voice mail saying that you will give them $50 if they bring it back. Then when they go to meet you, wack 'em over the head with a golf club and get it back. :D

20. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

Just out of curiosity, are you in school or college/ uni? If you're in school, that'd lead me to think of smaller classes so you'd have a better chance of finding it. College may be a different matter.
    What I strongly suggest is you tell your classmates as soon as possible you lost your iPhone. Tell your Year Head also. If your class has a generic email group letting you email everyone (ask your college IT dept), it could increase your chances of getting it back. The more people that have it in the back of their mind that an iPhone was stolen, the better. Explore all your avenues.
    You never know sooner it might emerge that someone just can't hold that excitement and tell someone else that they 'found' an iPhone.

Hope you get it back,
    b.

21. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

22. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Unless the guy who took it is dumb, i doubt they are gonna change the number to stay with the phone... they will probably sell it.