iphone stopped beeping when SMS is recieved?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gozz, Aug 27, 2008.

1. gozz macrumors newbie

it all worked fine for the first week but now everytime I get a text, it won't make any kind of alert. It vibrates but no sound. Has anyone had this problem?

2. tek2582 macrumors newbie

This has happened to me as well ever since the 2.0 update. It happens on my1st gen phone as well as the 3g. I don't understand, but you leave people hanging for a while, since you never hear the text come through.

I would love an answer or solution to this one

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

reboot

4. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Yup mine is doing that too and I have missed things I really wish i hadn't. I just restarted my phone to see if that helps. Now just need a text.

5. olliebraves20 macrumors regular

Yes this happens to me as well...it didn't seem to effect my 1 gen iPhone but it sure does the 3G....rebooting it will fix the issue...until it happens again anyway...I sure hope it's something that apple will be fixing in the upcoming updates....

6. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

yeah rebooting fixed. Just don't know for how long...

I don't think this phones bugs are ever all going to be worked out... OR ever half of them.

7. gozz thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I did the restart thing but soon after it just started again. Yeah I hate missing messages cause I can hear it

8. dnguyen macrumors regular

are you guys talking about a recurring beep or just the first once once you receive it?

this is my first iphone and i only get a notification sound for the first call or sms i recieve. I did a search in the forums and thought this was normal? hopefully apple addresses this as my older phones have notification beeps everyone X minutes if i haven't checked the call / sms yet.