iPhone stopped receiving calls and not charging

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Longey Nowze, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Longey Nowze macrumors regular

my iPhone has been acting weird since I upgrading to 3.0, it's not receiving any calls, they all go to my voice mail, I disabled call forwarding and people have been telling that my phone is turned off.

I then tried to connect it to my computer to back up and restore but iTunes wouldn't recognise it, I had to put it into forced recovery mode. I did this after changing cables and USB ports

The other problem I noticed was that after the restore it stopped charging, I charge from the wall socket and not from the computer but it wouldn't work, I turned it off and I changed the adapter and then it worked I used my iPhone 2G adapter, I changed it to the 3G adapter and it worked.

does anyone know what is causing this? is it a software problem or a hardware problem? would i have to exchange it? the only thing that i believe i did wrong was that I connected my iPhone to my friend's laptop to charge, it asked for my key lock code but i didn't give it.

I have an iPhone 3G running 3.0
    I have a PowerBook G4 running the latest version of Tiger and iTunes all updates are installed.

Thank you
    MaT

2. Longey Nowze thread starter macrumors regular

seems to be working now...

It seems to be working now... All I did was a restore then a reset and erase of everything then I synced.

3. SuperKat macrumors regular

Restore

How did you restore if your computer won't recognize it?
    Right now I plug my iPhone into the USB cable attached to my Mac and nothing happens. No charging, no syncing.
    My iPod works with the same cable though.