Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
ok so about 1:00pm today I take out the iphone to make a call and the slide to unlock won't work. It seems to be locked up so at first I'm not that concerned and do a hard restart and when it turns back on it goes striaght to the springboard. That's when I notice it. Half the screen has lost it touch sensitivity. I panic and immediatly leave the office for the newly opened apple store in towns square here in las vegas. So one of clerks thier takes a look at the phone and says they are all out of replacement phones and that I will have to come back tommorow makes me an appoinment for 1:45pm. Now I guess we are luckey here in las vegas because we have 2 apple stores within a few miles of each other. I decide to go to the apple store at the fashion show mall and see what they say. By now it 2:45pm and they say next appointment with a genius is at 5:10pm. Ok back to the office do a little work and then back down to the strip for the appointment. I guess alls well that ends well the genius looked at the phone for a minute of so and gave me a new one. Phew I have the 4gb model so was'nt sure what they would do. They had 4gb models there for replacements. Took it home restored it from the backup and I'm back on business. WHOO HOO!!!

TurboSC

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2007
California
ok so about 1:00pm today I take out the iphone to make a call and the slide to unlock won't work. It seems to be locked up so at first I'm not that concerned and do a hard restart and when it turns back on it goes striaght to the springboard. That's when I notice it. Half the screen has lost it touch sensitivity. I panic and immediatly leave the office for the newly opened apple store in towns square here in las vegas. So one of clerks thier takes a look at the phone and says they are all out of replacement phones and that I will have to come back tommorow makes me an appoinment for 1:45pm. Now I guess we are luckey here in las vegas because we have 2 apple stores within a few miles of each other. I decide to go to the apple store at the fashion show mall and see what they say. By now it 2:45pm and they say next appointment with a genius is at 5:10pm. Ok back to the office do a little work and then back down to the strip for the appointment. I guess alls well that ends well the genius looked at the phone for a minute of so and gave me a new one. Phew I have the 4gb model so was'nt sure what they would do. They had 4gb models there for replacements. Took it home restored it from the backup and I'm back on business. WHOO HOO!!!

hehe good for you man. You should have asked if you could upgrade to the 8gb :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.