iPhone Stops Ringing???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Titan12, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Titan12 macrumors regular

Hey guys. I've noticed that randomly when I recieve a call, my iPhone will stop ringing after 2 rings. However it is clear that the call is still trying to come through by looking at the screen. This is also happening randomly on my wifes iPhone as well. We are both using the same rings we used on our 1st gen phones, which I added to our new phones. Has anyone else had this occur with their 3GS???

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

This is happening to my father's iPhone too. Any help and insight would be great.

3. Titan12 thread starter macrumors regular

Is he using the factory rings, or rings that he added?

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Factory rings. Black 16 GB model.
    I'm using my own ringtones and not having any problems. White 16GB.

5. peteryan7hao macrumors regular

peteryan7hao

I suggest you to take the phone back to your service provider or Apple store to have it checked.

6. Titan12 thread starter macrumors regular

If the problem persists I definately plan on doing that. I was just trying to see how common this might be before I do.

7. ryanmcv macrumors 6502a

ryanmcv

This happens occasionally with my 3G. There doesn't appear to be any cause or pattern, but sometimes it will ring two or three times and then go silent. In the year I've had my 3G, this has probably happened at least ten times.

8. myk13 macrumors member

this is happening with my 3GS as well. Not ringtones though but text alerts. They sometimes just come through with no sound at all.

9. Titan12 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I've noticed it is totally random, and cannot get the problem to repeat itself using the factory rings. I'm beginning to wonder if I should just remove the extra rings I added and find a new set online. I don't like the factory rings and just like a standard ring sound (other than old phone).

10. Titan12 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, I have discovered that the phone is only playing the ring files twice. If I were to extend the rings in editing software I could solve the issue. Is there anyone who uses standard ring files (2-4 seconds long) that is noticing that their phone sometimes stops ringing after to times??? Ive seen this mentioned on another forum, and just wanna know if its common.

11. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I'm using the standard ringtones that come with the phone and the same thing is happening.

12. ryanmcv macrumors 6502a

ryanmcv