Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a1chalky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2016
Hi

MY 6s Plus keeps coming full, I've deleted music, photos, app etc but this morning it's full again.

I had 1.5GB free yesterand zero KB left this morning without doing anything, I've cleared safari history, turned off iCloud backup etc, running the latest update.

Can anyone help me please? It's driving me crazy!

Regards

Adam

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
The memory fluctuates. Not much you can do about it. If you are down to 1.5gb left you phone could not work dependably. Try a backup and restore, it may give you some additional memory for a while but will not last long.

No need to turn off iCloud backup.

Pictures and videos gulp up memory.

Last edited:

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
If you're not sure what's taking up the most space on your iPhone, you can look in Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Storage | Manage Storage.

On my iPhone, iMessage uses the most space (attachments)

Reactions: Applejuiced

busschops

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2015
Had the same thing on my iPhone 6 16Gb. Kept running out of storage space, no matter what I deleted. Then I realized that my phone was loaded with software that was a result of several upgrades and updates. In other words, several years worth of potential left over data and inefficiencies since I never performed a clean install.
So I did just that. Reset the phone, installed a clean version of iOS10, put together the same apps I had before and all of a sudden I had a few Gb of free space that didn't get clogged up within a day. Give it a try.

Reactions: a1chalky

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
If you're not sure what's taking up the most space on your iPhone, you can look in Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Storage | Manage Storage.

On my iPhone, iMessage uses the most space (attachments)

Agree. This is the best place to start. The iOS will download to the phone too, taking up space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.