iPhone storage on iTunes not making sense.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PhazonUK, Sep 12, 2010.

1. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

I just plugged my iPhone into my MacBook and it gave this as the storage:
    [​IMG]

I then checked the "Sync Safari Bookmarks" box and it said I would lose 400MB of Music and my free space went up by 3GB:
    [​IMG]

First of all I don't understand how I can lose 400MB of music but gain 3GB of free space. And secondly, why would I lose music by syncing my Safari Bookmarks?

Just checked one more thing...I don't actually lose any songs. On both options (with and without bookmarks) I still have the same number of song, but still lose 400MB of music and gain 3GB of space. :confused::confused::confused:

2. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Try syncing again, it could just be a glitch in iTunes

3. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Make sure you have all the latest software too.

4. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Do you sync video content, such as tv shows, that you've watched since last time you synced? If, for example, you have iTunes set up to "sync last 5 unwatched" of any tv shows, and you've watched some of them since last sync, there may not be anything to replace them with so that could explain 3GB the storage gain. Can't explain the 400MB "loss" of music (that's actually still there), though.

[edit]: never mind, I see that the amount of video storage didn't change, only audio, and by about 400MB. Something's definitely wrong. In the second image your amount of stored content plus your free space exceeds the total capacity of your phone.