iPhone storage options?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tcphillips12, Nov 20, 2013.

?

Which combination should I go with?

1. 16GB + iPod classic (120GB) = $450

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 64 GB = $400

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. tcphillips12 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I am about to upgrade from my beloved iPhone 4 to a 5S. However, I am facing a conundrum of sorts. My two main uses (besides talk/text) are the camera & music. (I may even use my music more than texting, haha). I currently have a 32GB iPhone, with about 5GB of storage to spare (with about 2/3rds of my music on iCloud). I find myself downloading music at a steady pace, so I know that I should consider upgrading my storage availability. My question to you is: should I get a 16GB 5S & an iPod classic? Or a 64GB 5S? I know that getting the 64GB is $50 cheaper, and is a SS hard drive. But with an iPod classic, I am getting 120GB of music space.

2. FrozenInferno macrumors regular

For the sake of carrying one device instead of two, go for the 64GB 5S.

3. tcphillips12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Definitely a pro for the 64GB. However, for a long time (while on US Cellular) I had an Android + iPod touch and carried it around and didn't seem to mind.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You need to tell us your criteria. Is a single device or more storage more important to you? Do you anticipate exceeding 64GB?

Otherwise you're just going to get others telling you what they prefer and that may or may not have any relevance to you. Same goes for asking for recommendations on any topic.