Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sofakng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Can anybody tell me why my iPhone storage summary doesn't seem to match what's actually on the iPhone?

For example, the summary says this:

Audio: 10.36 GB
Video: 2.03 GB

However, if I click on my iPhone, and then click the Music tab it says 8.54 GB and the Movies tab says 1.32 GB. Audiobooks only has 100 MB, and TV Shows is empty.

Where is the missing space?

Here are some screenshots to explain what I'm talking about:

Summary:

Music:

Video:

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Can glitch sometimes. will sort itself out most likely - saw this a week back. moved some music in, some out, a movie deleted, and it was showing the right figures again. Go with the phone stats for now.

MACoconut

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
EDIT: I think some of the space has been used to store the cover-art i guess. but imo, the cover art wont take up much space. :) or maybe the iTunes is just screwing around with you. maybe a restore can help me "recalibrate" the storage meter :p

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
i believe you're using a 16gb iPhone.

After formatting, the space on the iPhone will be much lesser than 16gb.

that's the standard for all storage devices. means if you buy the 8gb iPhone, you'll probably have 6gb+ of space only.

And some of the space has been used to install the iPhone OS, which explain why you have only 14+ gb of space available for your media. :cool:

clearly didn't read the thread. also I have to add you should have blacked out your mobile number. So, best delete that picture

MACoconut

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
yup. looked thru the pictures and I've edited my post.

TS should blank out his phone number since it's reflected on iTunes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.