iPhone Storage Space

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pinknelus, May 25, 2012.

1. pinknelus macrumors newbie

My iPhone 4 is constantly running out of storage space. I do have about 50% of my storage allocated to music, but I'm not sure how to make room in the other 50%. My apps don't take up that much space and I don't have that many photos on my phone. However, my photos show up both in my Camera Roll and in my Photo Stream. I thought my Photo Stream was for iCloud backup, but when I go into my settings it says I have 5.0 of 5.0 GB available in the iCloud. Could my phone just be backing up the photos onto the phone itself instead of the cloud? And does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It's extremely doubtful that the phone is backing up to itself or some other way duplicating the data. Both iTunes (summary screen) and your iPhone (General - Usage ) will tell you where your memory is being consumed.

3. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

No, iCloud isn't backing up anything it seems. You have photo stream on, so u have ur photos in ur photo stream as well. Nothing to do with a backup. If u don't need your photos backed up in photo stream, turn it off. Or leave it on and then delete all the pics from ur phone and save the ones you want on ur computer. I'm not really sure what ur asking here.