iPhone Storage: Your Opinions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kyotoma, Aug 5, 2011.

?

What do you think Apple will do as far as on-board storage options for the iPhone?

1. Keep 16 and 32, as well as the 8GB for the previous generation.

11 vote(s)
    16.9%
  2. Keep 16 and 32 for all models old and new(this means no more 3GS).

13 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Introduce a 64GB storage option for the fifth generation iPhone

40 vote(s)
    61.5%
  4. Other(and post why)

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I created this just to get a general idea of what you, as a general user of consumer electronics and fellow iOS user, think about the current storage options(being 16 and 32 gigabytes) that are available to the iPhone, as well as your opinion on what Apple(as well as the mobile market in general, if you feel like including them) might move towards in the future, especially with the coming advent of iCloud, a refresh of the iPhone and iPod line, and where technology and innovations are headed.

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I would prefer to see 64Gb of local storage. iCloud may help handicap the need for higher storage amounts above 64Gb, but personally I desire 64Gb first.

3. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

iCloud might be a nice "storage" service, but it won't hold everything many users might have. I think in my case, a 32 GB iPhone would be enough, since my 16GB has been completely filled.

4. mach macrumors regular

It's time to introduce a 64GB option. They can sell three models if they want, but anyone who has a moderately sized music and/or video collection would agree that 32 isn't enough.

I've had to enable the 'reduce to 128kbps' option on my music for it to be able to fit, but I'd definitely prefer to not have to.

iCloud will not be a viable alternative or reason to not increase storage space because there isn't any streaming—you still have to download media from your cloud account to your phone to be able to play it.

5. Tones2 macrumors 65816

I could never understand why anyone here would be OPPOSED to Apple introducing a 64 GB iPhone assuming that the 16 and 32 GB version kept the same price points or lower (which of course they would). :confused:

Tony

6. Tones2 macrumors 65816

And of COURSE I want a 64 GB phone. I wanted one when the iPhone was first introduced. In fact, what I really want now is a 256 GB phone or at least 160 GB to replace my iPod Classic, but I'd settle for 128 GB. :)

Tony

7. Tones2 macrumors 65816

And once and for all, the friggin' iCloud has NOTHING AT ALL to do with local storage!! Please stop that madness here right now.

Tony

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

How exactly? If you still need to delete and download using the cloud, wouldn't a 128GB phone make more sense? Unless you enjoy unnecessarily taxing your battery, senselessly using data if you have a tiered plan, and enjoy not being able to access your media if your connection drops or is interrupted.

9. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

32 is my ideal thats about how many things i would like to carry around...

10. Kentochan macrumors 6502

Kentochan

If the market demands 64GB, Apple will hopefully listen :D

11. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

more storage obviously is better, but given the choice i would rather they use the real estate inside the phone on a better/bigger battery or antena or camera. especially with icloud it makes re downloading old stuff much easier so you dont have to store a bunch of junk you rarely use.

12. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I don't use as much storage on my iPhone as I do on my 64gb iPad 2... but I would still buy 64gb iPhone if it were available.

13. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

I would buy it ONLY if it's the same price point as the current 32 gb (meaning they drop the 16gb for iPhone 4s only.) I personally don't need 64gb, but if it's only $300 then why not.

14. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

Sometime I wish I could buy any technology that way. I just hate going home thinking I should have spent a little more for this and that... then I end up returning it and upgrade. Pretty sad... I do that for any electronic gadgets... not just iDevices.

15. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

I don't use more than 16gb on my iPhone, because all my games and videos are stored on my iPad. But I think that I would need 64gb on the iPhone if I haven't got an iPad. So it would be a good idea to release a 64gb iPhone 5...

16. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

I would go for unlimited storage (in the cloud). Instead of a regular flash drive you can store AS MUCH AS U WANT in icloud!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

17. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

16 and 32.

I don't think they will get rid of the 3GS though, that phone is perfect entry level iPhone. Very cheap.

18. ESPN macrumors regular

Why triple post?

16/32 is more than adequate for most people.

Apple will just force people that need more storage to get an ipod classic or something.