iPhone Strange Occurance

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by j0hnnyb0y, Mar 26, 2013.

1. j0hnnyb0y macrumors newbie

I have read these forums a lot and just never registered - thanks for all the help over the time :) :D

SO here is the dilemma...My girlfriend and I are sitting down and she dropped her iPhone, not hard at all. Basically it just fell on the ground quickly next to another gentlmen's foot. She picked it up and unlocked it. Now open on the screen was an email draft with a picture attached. Ok... so the weidest thing about this is - this picture is not in her camera roll at all, nor on her phone, nor has she ever even taken this picture. She recognized the person in the pic as one of her co-workers.
    So I asked to see the phone, and I noticed her email address that defaults for 'sent' mail, was an alternative address that she never uses. This strange draft that she never even created, had a CC of her other email address not the normal default. So basically if she was to grab her phone and start to write an email - then close the phone or something, that regular draft doesn't look like this strange one left on her phone after picking it up of the floor..

I know this sounds silly, or like maybe someone just picked up her phone and used it? The phone never left her person until it fell out of her purse and then was picked directly up. And also this photo in the draft is no where physically on her phone I searched and searched.. Thanks in advance I hope someone can make sense of this, cuz at this point it is just bugging me..

2. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry, but all indications point to the fact that she is cheating.

Pictures of PEOPLE SHE KNOWS do not magically appear on girlfriends' gmail accounts. And since they don't, and she says she never took it, she is hiding something.

Sorry, my friend.

3. j0hnnyb0y thread starter macrumors newbie

Dang!

No I can see why you would say that Luis, but this picture is of a younger female she works with and her rabbit lol. And my girlfriend is driving me crazy to figure this out because I am an IT person. I know this doesnt make sense and this is why I posted it here, I am one to always figure things out myself. The only thing I could think of was this girl grabbed my GF phone and tried to send an email..but how did this picture get there when its not saved in the Camera Roll at all...I guess Im on my own with this one?

4. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

I am relieved to hear that she is most likely faithful. Only thing I can think of is that this coworker attempted to email a picture of herself. I believe that if you upload a picture, it will stay as an attachment to the email even if you delete the photo from the gallery.

That is most likely what happened. But the best answer will come from the coworker herself, if your gf asks her.

5. lelisa13p, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013

lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Given that you said the photo was of a younger female coworker with her pet rabbit, maybe the coworker meant to send it as an Easter Bunny surprise to your GF, since Easter is this next Sunday? Coworker could've taken photo, attempted to email it, saved as a draft and then deleted the photo. (You can do all of this within the Camera app.) Maybe it was saved as a draft in error and not sent yet.

Has your GF been to the coworker's home so that the phone & the bunny would be in the same location for a few minutes? Friend could've pranked the phone when your GF went to the loo.

Puzzling, still. :) If you find the answer to the riddle, please tell here.