iPhone iPhone stuck at apple logo after installing popcorntime from dta themes.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ahfu25, Nov 10, 2014.

1. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 6 is stuck at the apple logo and no matter what I do it doesnt budge. I jailbroke the phone a week ago and right after installed ifile and moviebox. Everything was running great, nice and smooth. Today I installed popcorntime from dta themes repo and it got stuck in at the apple logo. How do I manually put it in safemode?

2. yukyuklee macrumors 6502

yukyuklee

well its time for you to restore your iPhone hold power + home button as soon as you see the apple logo release the power button to enter DFU mode

3. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

Hold volume up and power button.

4. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you!! Saved me from having to go through the whole restore process!!

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wise advise.

6. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

True Indeed!

7. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

My phone has rebooted on its own and now manual safe mode isn't working. This time I have absolutely no tweaks installed. I'm just gonna restore and go without jailbraking until all the kinks get worked out. It's a pain in the ass to have to restore over and over. I believe every iPhone takes the jailbrake different because I jailbroke a couple of my friends iphone 6's and they have no issues and they have more tweaks installed than I do.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That sucks man.
    I'd avoid installing that hack again cause its probably what caused this. Even after you removed it the damage probably wasn't reversed.
    It's not something I would blame on the jb though.
    Thousands of users are on it with no probs since the latest pangu and cydia updates.
    Always restore to iOS 8.1 using iTunes and avoid jb on factory installed or ota firmware versions for stability reasons.

9. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

app doesn't work anyways it sits at splash screen the whole time.

10. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

Like others say it really sucks, but hey you've still got time to do a full restore. Always make sure whatever you gonna install don't clash with existing tweaks and specially it is compatible with your phone model and iOS version. Better safe than sorry ;)

11. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm gonna give it another shot later today. I got frustrated and just turned my phone off. Kinda peaceful right now that my phone isn't going off LOL....I'll jailbrake it and not install anything for the time being. The only downside to having a 128gb phone is the restore part. I even encrypted the back up to speed it up and it still takes forever. I'm using a good amount of my storage with 37gb left over.

12. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I read your response from another other thread and it shook my brain. I jailbroke my phone after installing a fresh copy of iOS 8.1 then after restored from back up then I ran into these problems as stated on this thread. Well I just did the same thing WITHOUT installing any packages, repo's or even cydia substrate. It got stuck at the apple logo again. So what Im going to do now is restore "AS NEW" and install the same packages that I thought caused this issue from the beggining. If I can reboot without any issues without restoring from a back up, then your theory that maybe theres a bug in the backup will be correct in my case. Will report back soon.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hope it works out bud.
    Let us know how it went.

14. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Must of been a bad back up! I downloaded a few tweaks included the ones I suspected of causing the issue originally and the phone reboots fine without getting stuck at the apple logo. Thanks for your input here and in other threads. Hopefully this thread can help others out as well to make sure they dig a little deeper to find out the real cause of their issues before giving up lol.

15. Applejuiced, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Great, Im glad you figured it out.
    I see many others with similar issues that are not willing to put in the time and do the trial and error approach that we just did here. And they just blame it on the JB that its no good and other things.
    So those people I guess are better off staying stock if they don't want to put in the time and work to isolate the issue and figure out exactly what is the problem and resolve it.

16. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You're absolutely right. I've been jailbraking since the whole thing started but didnt for a while. Thought I did everything correct and was about to just stay stock. Then I just read a little more before reading something that I didnt think of before, which was your response about it possibly being a bad back up. And just like that, problem solved!!