iPhone stuck at connect to iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by William Gates, Jun 19, 2010.

1. William Gates macrumors 6502

William Gates

I tried to upgrade my girlfriends iPhone 3Gs to the GM 4.0 and an error occurred. So I restored the phone and the connect to iTunes screen came up. So I plugged it back into my computer and now I'm getting an error that says "We could not complete your iTunes store request. An unknown error occurred (-9812)" I reset my modem and router and did other basic trouble shooting. Same thing keeps popping up. Please help!!! She's gonna kill me if she finds out i ****ed her phone. My internet is working.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Assuming you’re on a PC, possible fixes are:

Go to Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security and remove the tick from the position of "Check for server certificate relocation" and click Apply.

Or:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 softpub.dll in the Open box, and then click OK. When you receive the message that the DllRegisterServer succeeded, click OK.
    2. Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 initpki.dll in the Open box, and then click OK. When you receive the message that the DllRegisterServer succeeded, click OK.
    3. Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 mssip32.dll in the Open box, and then click OK. When you receive the message that the DllRegisterServer succeeded, click OK.
    4. Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 wintrust.dll, click OK, and then click OK when you receive the message that the DllRegisterServer succeeded.

Or:

Download Microsoft's latest trusted root certificate update from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...0e-ee7e-435e-99f8-20b44d4531b0&displaylang=en. Follow the wizard instructions carefully, because you need to download two executables, not just one.