iPhone Stuck at DFU Mode! Help Please

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hgenc8, Jul 12, 2011.

1. hgenc8 macrumors newbie

Long story short I dropped my iPhone in the pool about 10 days ago. It has been stored in a jar of uncooked rice for a week. It was working perfectly when I took it out. I used it for a while but when I plugged it in to my computer to charge it the phone turned itself off.

After that I restored it hoping for a fix. It was restored but my sim card wasn't in it so I could only access the emergency call section. I put my sim card in it but nothing happened. My phone was still acting like the sim card wasn't in it so I tried another restore but it failed. I'm getting the 1601 error from iTunes. Now my phone is stuck in DFU mode.

I tried many different ways to fix this. I tried reinstalling iTunes, using jailbreak programs, using programs such as tinyumbrella, recboot, iReb, etc but none of them worked.

Right now I can't turn on my phone. When I plug it in to my computer iTunes doesn't recognize it. iTunes only recognizes it when I take it into the DFU mode. When I try to charge my phone through wall plug my phone turns on automatically but I get the plug it into iTunes logo.

I really need help. How can I fix this problem? Please help me.

BTW : I'm trying to restore it to 4.3.3 and I'm using iTunes 10.3.1.55

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You may not be able to solve the situation yourself unless you're willing to examine the innards of your phone. Either that or find a repair store that does iPhones.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Sounds like your phone is toast. Either your SIM card got fried when it touched liquid or your logic board is severly damaged. You could always try getting a new SIM first!