iphone stuck downloading songs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vanfanel1, Feb 25, 2014.

1. vanfanel1 macrumors member

I needed to restore my iphone but when it gets to the point of downloading songs purchased (94 of them) it just gets stuck. 3 of the songs say "Processing" and the rest say "Waiting" Is there any way to fix this or stop this? This is preventing me from updating or downloading any new apps, songs, movies...etc

I've let it sit overnight and it's still in the same process. I've tried restoring it twice already. All the apps and other things restore fine but when it gets to the downloading the music it always gets stuck. I also have itunes match enabled. I've tried turning match off. I've tried logging out of the itunes store and then rebooting but that status just won't go away. It's quite annoying because I can't add anything new to my phone. Any help would be appreciated.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

If everything else has restored, you can cancel the iCloud restore.

When I do an iCloud restore, I usually have a few songs that get stuck, but that's because they weren't purchased with my Apple ID. iTunes on my Mac has no problems copying them over to my iPhone, but an iCloud restore won't download them unless I know the Apple ID of whomever purchased them. So they sit in the downloading area until I cancel the restore.

3. vanfanel1 thread starter macrumors member

I canceled the restore yesterday as well but the songs are still stuck.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

Oh nice, my songs are stuck there too.

In previous iOS versions, canceling the restore removed them. Grrr. Lol

Attached Files:

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

Guess I'll try an iTunes sync and see if that puts them back properly.

6. vanfanel1 thread starter macrumors member

A few more things that I tried and failed:

-Turned off imatch so I have absolutely nothing in my music library. Sync with itunes and tried copying over 1 playlist. I didn't get an error message but nothing copied over. Tried a few other songs/playlists and nothing copied over.
    -sign in with a different appleID for itunes/app store. The stuck items are still there even though I swithced IDs!
    -I tried renaming my phone just to try something different.

I can't even swipe delete this downloads! so frustrating because it's preventing me from updating other apps.

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

I can't swipe to delete these either, but my apps are updating OK. Weird.

8. vanfanel1 thread starter macrumors member

I think if you had at least 4 or more songs stuck your apps would be waiting in that queue like mine.

9. vanfanel1 thread starter macrumors member

For future reference:

Spent a few hours talking with a number of apple support people. What finally got me back to normal was to make a backup on my computer and restore from that. I had also disabled itunes match which may or may not have an effect.

Thanks to the apple support group for sticking with me!