iPhone stuck in Apple logo loop, won't mount, iRecovery won't kick it. Get files off?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mbsm, Sep 7, 2010.

1. mbsm macrumors newbie

Hey guys...

So I have a lot of photos and videos and such on this iPhone. today, I was unlocking (ie, slide to unlock, not carrier unlock) my phone when it restarted and got stuck at the Apple screen. It won't mount when I connect it to my computer, not even when it's in recovery mode. I've tried to use irecovery and while I've done the commands about 10 times, it still won't boot up.

I have so many photos on that device that I'd like to not lose... something like 1,000 photos. I thought that the iTunes backup included the camera roll, but it doesn't...

My question: is there any way to get my files of of my iPhone? I just really want to access the DCIM directory and backup my photos to my laptop. If I can't, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and restore. :(

Thanks all!
    Mark

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

OpenSSH. Depending on when during the boot sequence it's having problems, SSH might still be working.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Do you have an iP4?

you said you were unlocking, so I am guessing that you were already JBed.

Did you installed SSH?

SSH server can start even if the UI hasn't, I've connected to many iphone while on stuck on the Apple's logo when SSH was installed. You can try that.

Also try to put the device on DFU mode and them use TinyUmbrella and use the "Kick device out recovery" botom.

4. mbsm thread starter macrumors newbie

OpenSSH is installed but it's not connected to a network here.

5. mbsm thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thank you. I do have an iPhone 4. I'm not unlocking (I'm on AT&T) but I am already JB'd, yes. I do have SSH installed, but there's no wifi network around here it's connected to. I'll try TinyUmbrella, thank you!

6. Norcalchavo macrumors regular

7. JDNGuru macrumors member

To be honest, when this happened to me, this was the best advice ever given after searching for hours on Google. Lol.

8. mbsm thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried using my Windows computer too, and it didn't work.

9. Norcalchavo macrumors regular

Did you put the phone in DFU mode and then restored?

10. mbsm thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I don't want to restore yet, since I want to get my photos off of it.

11. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Once you hopefully get this sorted out, backing up regularly will alleviate this from happening again.

With iTunes 10, syncs are very quick.

12. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Not sure if it will work on a phone that's stuck, but PhoneView has saved my rear more than once when it comes to retrieving files that iTunes can't seem to find:

http://ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

Hopefully one of the suggestions from here will work to get the phone up without a restore.