iPhone stuck in black and white. Real weird...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BriceNice, May 8, 2011.

1. BriceNice macrumors newbie

My iPhone has stopped taking pictures in color. I've tried using the stock camera app, as well as camera+. Whenever I open any camera app, it starts on color for about a second, then goes into black and white, and won't take color photos. I am jailbroken, but I've tried started the phone in safe mode to disable all tweaks, and it's still stuck in b&W. I'm trying to exhaust all options before I just restore. Help please..

2. trumani macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem! It seems to have happened either after I used push doctor to get my push working again (it's not hactivated, but somehow lost my certs) or when the most recent mobile substrate stuff got updated. I just happened to me in the past week.

3. French macrumors regular

Press your home button 3 times.

This is a feature available in settings, general, accessibility. It's at the very bottom, Triple-click Home.

4. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

He's talking about his camera taking b&w pictures not the color of his screen.

5. French macrumors regular

Oops...thanks. Apparently I can't read (or comprehend).

6. trumani macrumors newbie

I ended up updating from 4.3.1 to 4.3.3 and it went away, one of my jailbroken apps must have corrupted the ios firmware...good thing i backedup prior to upgrading!

7. BriceNice thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea unfortunately, there was nothing I could do to fix it. Tried everything possible. I ended up just restoring.