Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

legend45

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
I've been using my jailbroken phone for a while, using apptapp and installing
programs and removing programs ect. It started crashing now and then so I thought the OS could have became corrupted. So I did a restore to 1.0.2 which I've done before using itunes 7.4, but now I'm using 7.6. At first it came up with the yellow triangle saying connect to itunes which I expected.
I then started the ibrickr v.91 to fix it which I used before, and that booted it up just fine. Next when I tried to Free my phone it went into installing
the dos files just as before, but never stopped. It installs them, then restarts
shows the apple then keeps repeating this over and over. I've turned it off many times holding the home and sleep buttons but when it comes back on it
just keeps doing the same thing.
Now itunes and ibrickr can't detect it. Is there a troubleshooting program
that could fix this? now I'm just letting it run to see if the battery going dead
could help get it out of this.

brandoncarr

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2007
I've been using my jailbroken phone for a while, using apptapp and installing
programs and removing programs ect. It started crashing now and then so I thought the OS could have became corrupted. So I did a restore to 1.0.2 which I've done before using itunes 7.4, but now I'm using 7.6. At first it came up with the yellow triangle saying connect to itunes which I expected.
I then started the ibrickr v.91 to fix it which I used before, and that booted it up just fine. Next when I tried to Free my phone it went into installing
the dos files just as before, but never stopped. It installs them, then restarts
shows the apple then keeps repeating this over and over. I've turned it off many times holding the home and sleep buttons but when it comes back on it
just keeps doing the same thing.
Now itunes and ibrickr can't detect it. Is there a troubleshooting program
that could fix this? now I'm just letting it run to see if the battery going dead
could help get it out of this.

Plug your phone in, hold the home/sleep buttons until your phone is put into DFU mode. In iTunes, hold shift, and click on restore. Browse to the firmware version you want to restore to, and click okay. use iBrickr from there to kick it out of the DFU mode. Screen will turn red, and you can Jailbreak from there.

Brandon Carr

legend45

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Put it back into DFU mode then do a restore.

Thanks for the DFU tip. I went to apple support discussions to find out how to do it, and bam it went right into the DFU mode. I'm doing a restore right now. I won't be doing a jailbreak on this itunes 7.6 again till someone puts out one for the 1.1.3 or the third party is authorized.
I just found some great programs for the iphone too, but I guess I'll need to wait. Incase you haven't heard there are a coulple of great programs out,
camera pro that has zoom function, and they also put out a voice dialing program. Another devolper gives the iphone video recording. I tried all three
and really liked the free versions.
Thanks again for your help
Robert

terraforce

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2008
ROFL "Iphone stuck in Dos" ...haha, oh man...I'm sorry I can't help you but thanks, my coworkers and I got a good laugh out of that :D

Yeah.. that is really funny **** "iPhone stuck in DOS".

Perhaps Bill Gates can be of assistance? :D

Santa Rosa

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
ROFL "Iphone stuck in Dos" ...haha, oh man...I'm sorry I can't help you but thanks, my coworkers and I got a good laugh out of that :D

Thats a classic, or this guy is a hacking genius and now we can use Windows Mobile on our iPhones lmao!!! :rolleyes:

brandoncarr

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2007
If someone had done some searching, he would have figured out that the Touch isn't the only piece of hardware you can downgrade now;

http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25695

You're welcome. Enjoy your soon to be jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone. and I swear, if you try to run DOS on your phone again... yeah.

:D:apple:4LIFE!

Thanks for the DFU tip. I went to apple support discussions to find out how to do it, and bam it went right into the DFU mode. I'm doing a restore right now. I won't be doing a jailbreak on this itunes 7.6 again till someone puts out one for the 1.1.3 or the third party is authorized.
I just found some great programs for the iphone too, but I guess I'll need to wait. Incase you haven't heard there are a coulple of great programs out,
camera pro that has zoom function, and they also put out a voice dialing program. Another devolper gives the iphone video recording. I tried all three
and really liked the free versions.
Thanks again for your help
Robert

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.