iPhone stuck in endless reboot cycle

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bacong, May 1, 2010.

1. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3G on 3.1.3 that will not boot...but it really wants to. It starts up, it's recognized by iTunes, the pineapple logo shows...but it will not boot into the OS. When the phone is plugged into iTunes, I can see the music and videos on it, and even play the media!

So, what I'm asking is, how do I save this without restoring and losing the jailbreak? I really don't feel like jailbreaking again because I've got everything just right.

Also, this is probably important: I let the battery die earlier as to calibrate the battery meter, and this is why the phone will not boot. I've tried a hard reboot, and after about 10 minutes of the pineapple logo the screen flashes white and it's back to square one. It's been charging for a good while now.

When I plug it in to the computer, it doesn't recognize right away. A few minutes later, it recognizes the phone and I can access everything, and the vibration motors even kick in twice.

But the behavior of this phone leads me to believe a startup file got borked, hence the endless reboot...furthermore, fueling my slim hopes for not having to DFU and restore.

Any help is welcome.

2. pauliphone macrumors regular

Have you left the phone connected to your charger for a while before trying to power up, it may just not have charged enough power to be able to boot...