iPhone stuck in recovery!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by booy44, Jul 22, 2011.

1. booy44 macrumors newbie

I just got it back from apple after they refused to fix it. I went to sync it with a new itunes (My computer crashed so it didn't recognize it) and after many failed attempts I put it in recovery mode, while forgetting I couldn't restore it (I'm an idiot) but now I cant get it out of recovery mode :/. I need help to get it out! Anything please!

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Why did Apple refuse to fix it?

Ahh read your old posts, you dropped it and it busted. Might be worth the $199 replacement cost.

3. booy44 thread starter macrumors newbie

they sent me a note with it saying that the audio connnectors were damaged by water? I have never spilled water on it and that just seems like they were looking for something to find. But they never even offered the cost so I am just going to get it fixed by a store.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

5. booy44 thread starter macrumors newbie

Will do, its about the only one I havent tried. Im freaking out here. I cant afford to lose this phone

6. booy44 thread starter macrumors newbie

It didnt work and I am freaking the **** out. Please someone give me a answer! nothing will do the trick!

7. booy44 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. booy44 thread starter macrumors newbie

it just snapped out of it? Whatever im not gonna complain

9. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Im having the same problem.. I currently have stupid iOS 5 and trying to downgrade to get it back to normal

10. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Weirdest thing happen.

I tried to jailbreak it again to get out of the recovery mode and I forgot to turn it off because jailbreaking and it went into DNF mode that allowed me to downgrade from iOS 5 back to 4.3.3. I hope this information can relieve you of your stress.

11. sziehr macrumors 6502a

I have had success with both DFU and recovery mode for downgrading from ios5. I have also had issues stepping up to ios5. I am a verified Dev account so all my stuff is signed and should not have such issues. I think going from ios 5 beta 4 back to 4.2.9 should not be such an issue they are all signed. If so DFU will take care of it for you or it should. I can say that IOS 5 has its bugs but no more than a public release i had on my orignal droid running 2.1. I had all sort of issues with crashing random reboots freezing not texting the write person and all that was on "final release" firmware. When you compare the beta builds to that it is perfect firmware. When it is compared with the Ios 4.xx series it is quite buggy.