Iphone Stuck In Script

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kevinnijjar23, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Kevinnijjar23 macrumors member

When i was trying to jailbreak my iphone 1.1.1 i used that website jailbreakme.com and after using it it goes thru the normal scripts and then towards the end it comes up as
    BSD root: md0, majort 2, minor 0
    and just keeps repeating this
    any way to restore
    ....ipod wont start up :?

It will not connect to the computer either

Thank u

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

2 things, one this is the ipod touch section, and two 1.1.1?!?! thats over 13 months old by now. also 2.2 is just as easy to jailbreak and less buggy: plug in, then open quickpwn (www.blog.iphone-dev.org), and follow the instructions.

4. Kevinnijjar23 thread starter macrumors member

is there any way to jailbreak it properly in 1.1.1

5. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Restart the iPhone while holding the Lock and Home buttons down, you'll see the screen turn off, keep holding them down until you see the the screen come back on, then let go of the Lock button but continue holding down the Home button.

It might take a few trys if you get the timing off, but if done right the screen should display an iTunes icon which will then be recognized by iTunes and allow you to restore it.

6. madog macrumors 65816

madog

1.1.1 is the easiest (if I remember completely). Just head to jailbreakme.com on mobile Safari and download the installer. It jailbreaks it in the process and takes 2 minutes. (it only works on one firmware which I believe was 1.1.1. Won't on any other fw).

7. Kevinnijjar23 thread starter macrumors member

is there any way to jailbreak it properly in 1.1.1

8. Kevinnijjar23 thread starter macrumors member

jailbreakme.com isnt working for some reason....any other programs that would b able to jailbreak my 1.1.1 itouch

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Why do you want to stay with 1.1.1? Later versions are more stable. Even if you don't want to upgrade to 2.x, you should at least look into getting 1.1.4 or 1.1.5.

10. Kevinnijjar23 thread starter macrumors member

well i just updated it to 1.15 and when i tried jailbreaking with a different program it still says the same thing BSD root: md0, major 2,minor 0 what do u think is wrong