Iphone stuck on apple logo and WILL NOT restore!!!!!! :( :(

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by inamaj, Mar 8, 2010.

1. inamaj macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before but I NEED HELP!! My Iphone was recently not able to sync on Itunes. Everytime I would try and sync my music it would disappear from the itues menu but still say 'syncing'. Then I tried to restore it after this failed (by getting an error message) I tried to re-jailbreak it and now it will not leave the Apple logo. I've tried everything I know, hopefully someone else knows something. PLEASE HELP! :mad: :confused: :( :apple:

PS. I Have an Iphone 3g with 3.1.2 firmware on it I believe.

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

3. inamaj thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried DFU too. Like basically nothing is working. It is able to go into restore mode and DFU mode but it just won't restore it in these modes. And I don't mind losing the jailbreak at this point. I can do that over, I just don't want a bricked phone.

4. philstone macrumors 6502

Have you tried another USB port and if possible another Cable? Ideally another computer....

5. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

When it's in DFU mode can you see it in Device Manager? If so how does it describe it?

If not, I agree with philstone to try switching the usb port and cable or trying on another PC.

6. inamaj thread starter macrumors newbie

THANKS! I don't know why I didn't think of that. I plugged it into a different computer and it restored with NO problem. Now to jailbreak it again. :(