iPhone Stuck on Apple logo help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pippin9050, May 16, 2013.

1. pippin9050 macrumors newbie

hi guys
    I developed a problem where my phone would be stuck on the apple logo and looked around and I did the method which everyone was suggesting (press lock and home till phone turns off hold home and plug into usb and wait till itunes logo comes up and on the computer it says recovery mode and then do a restore)
    I did all this and it worked until it came to the backup it won't load any of my back ups and if you say set up as new iphone that dosn't get rid of the apple logo!
    Ive tried it over and over again but to no avail
    please help!
    Thank you

2. pippin9050 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. madgibbon macrumors member

Did you Jailbreak the phone? If not and its still under warranty I would return it to Apple.

4. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

Beenblacklisted

my guess is you tried upgrading to new os with a jailbreak on it, and now u have bricked iphone, you need someone who is trained to handle this, try the apple store, u might get lucky and get it switched out

5. pippin9050 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope hasn't been jailbroken I think although I did buy it second hand! But he didn't say anything about it being jailbroken.
    I'm going to take it to the apple store and see what they say

6. chumawumba macrumors 6502

chumawumba

It's pretty obvious if you are jailbroken

7. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

You have to RESTORE.

Sent from my iPod touch 5G using Tapatalk 2

8. pippin9050 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have restorn but thr back ups fail everytime
    And I know it not jailbroken I meant I was going to take it too the apple store to get it fixed.
    Thanks for your help so far

9. pippin9050 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

It's possible that your back-ups are corrupted. Just restore it and set it up as a new phone. If that doesn't work then take it to Apple. If they can't fix it they'll replace it. If it's out of warranty then you may be able to get an out of warranty replacement for $199 or something like that.

11. jessev77, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013

jessev77 macrumors newbie

One time when I jailbroke my phone, it locked up on me like that. I was able to connect it in iTunes, and when it went to reload the data, it gave me an error. There is settings in the iphone that tells it to look at iphone servers? or a certain file location to update/restore. When you jailbreak the phone with certain jailbreak software, it changes this information, blocking an update. You have to find certain software, to access your phone files and then change that setting to have your phone look to either apple servers or something like that to make it accept upgrade/restore commands from iTunes. I forget the software, it is free, and I will try to research and post name of software needed. That is probably the problem because until I did that, I could not restore my iphone.

Update - Tiny umbrella, there is a setting that allows you to change some file setting from either cydia or some other file like that, to apple's servers, I don't remember how to do it, but google using tiny umbrella to fix bricked phone, and im sure you will figure it out.

12. jessev77 macrumors newbie

Ok, open TU (tinyumbrella) and make sure under 'advanced' you deselect 'set hosts to cydia on exit', apply, then exit.

then try to restore, this should fix it. :apple:

13. pippin9050 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks will bring it to a store soon it was second hand so don't know if its out of warranty. How long is it normally? its a 3gs by the way.
    Also I know its not jailbroken so I don't think it has anything to do with that.
    thanks for your help though

14. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

A normal warranty is 1 year. With AppleCare+, it goes to 2 years

15. pippin9050 thread starter macrumors newbie

ah ok thanks so I doubt it will still be under the warrinty so how much do they charge you ti fix it?
    and what will they do if they can't?
    thanks