iphone stuck on apple logo with spinning wheel

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mazbarz, Feb 22, 2008.

1. mazbarz macrumors newbie

i got my iphone a week ago and i updated it and insatlled a whole bunch of applications. i was downlaodin some one day and i pressed the hoem button and it came up with the sipinning whell and it wouldn't stop. so i turned it off and turned it back on again it then came up with the apple logo and the spinning wheel under it. i couldn't turn it off unless i pressed the home and off button at the same time. i can't restore it either becase i can't sync it to itunes becasue i have a passcode and i need to enter the passcode to sync it but i can't get to the passcode becase it is frozen.

can someone please help

0 by the way i live in new zealand and iphones havn't conme out here yet so my friend got it from america and brang it back here and then got someone to hack into it so it could work here so i cant take it to anyone to fix.

2. McGiord, Feb 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Restore it via iTunes, use the procedures posted here, nowdays is much easier that it was in the past:

www.hackthatphone.com

Enjoy your iPhone.
    ________
    Honda FC50

3. mazbarz thread starter macrumors newbie

i can't get on itunes though becasue i need to put in a passcode to get ot to it by i can't put in the passcode becasue i'm always stuck on the apple logo

4. McGiord, Feb 23, 2008

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

5. mazbarz thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i am able to put it into recovery mode

6. McGiord, Feb 23, 2008

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Well recover it via iTunes, and the do the required procedure from the referred website.
    ________
    Second-generation Ford Taurus

7. mazbarz thread starter macrumors newbie

i've tried heaps and heaps to hack into it with the info on that web address but i can't because i can't dio the bit were u phone the number then enter 0 and then enter 1 beacasue as soon as i enter the number it instently ends the call becasue i don't have a sim card

8. shamankinglu macrumors newbie

same error,and if i want to restore the iphone.It tells me to update to 1.1.4..... What should i do?!!:mad::confused:

9. dimension000 macrumors newbie

help me 2!!!

i have a jailbroken 1.1.3 iphone as well... i was installing some apps when it told me that i was running low on disk space... when i restarted my phone to uninstall some stuff.... the fone just shows the apple logo and then it flashes black and white and then goes back to the apple logo... it just does this repeatedly... i cant pull it up on the computer becuz it wont recognize it!!! itunes wont recognize it..... its doing nothing!!! ibrickr doesnt work.. ziphone refurbish option doesnt work... PLEASE HELP ME!!! I THINK I KILLED MY IPHONE!!!!!!:(:eek::eek::eek::(

10. McGiord, Mar 1, 2008

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

If you hold down the option key in iTunes while trying to do the Restore you can select from your HDD any firmware package you have. Browse through the website I mention above, there is everything very well explained step by step, unfortunately the website doesn't have a search feature.
    Anyway the 1.1.4 jailbreak and unlock are also there, so there is no problem with 1.1.4.
    ________
    Ford Ka

11. McGiord, Mar 1, 2008

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Just put it in recovery mode by holding the power/wake and home buttons for more than 25 secs, then restore it with iTunes and follow the procedures on the website I mention above.
    ________
    vaporizer manufacturer

12. xyrus macrumors newbie

hey mazbarz did you get your iphone working again? i have the same case as you and i dont know what to do now and im freaking out already..anyone please help!!

13. peacetrain67 macrumors member

same here two hours of tweaking and i still got nothing. im wondering if its one single app causing the trouble or what i downloaded like 5 or 6 and thats when my phone had a seisure. if only itunes picked it up. this is driving me crazy and im absolutely fu.cked if i dont get this figured out by tonight. p.s. i dont have ssh working anymore cause ive had problems before from a single app where i was stuck on the apple logo screen but i managed to ssh in and clean it up and it worked fine. but now i got no connection to the phone. basically im fu.cked up the yingyang right now...

14. asdubro macrumors newbie

My solution

Hi everyone, my name is Gustavo and I live in Brazil, so my English is not the best. After spending a few days with the same problem as described, I found a solution and I’d like to share.

I have a jailbroken Iphone 4 that got frozen after an upgrade on Cydia. Same thing as the others, Apple logo for a few minutes and than a semi-frozen spinning wheel.

After some research, and innumerous attempts, I found a way to put your phone alive again. Download the latest version of Redsnow, go to extras, put your device on DFU mode and hit “Just boot” button, that will boot your device tethered. A few minutes later, my phone was working again …. but tethered.

After getting my phone back, I decided to find what happened, and how to solve it.

If you don’t know for sure what caused, the best thing is to restore your phone using Itunes. So, the process is easy to find on Youtube, and you just have to search for restore iphone.

Still, I had to find what made my phone freeze… Well, in my case the solution was related to a stupid idea I had a few days ago. I’m running iOS 5.0.1, but I had an App the required 5.1.1 for the latest upgrade… The genius here, edited the information inside the iphone using Ifunbox, and changed the iOS version number from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1. GREAT, I could bypass the limitation from my app, and downloaded the latest version.

Two days ago, I decided to upgrade my data counter app, that I had installed by Cydia. When I did it, Cydia decided to uninstall Corona Untether, once my system was running “5.1.1”, and this Corona needs an iOS 5.0.1 or 5.0… So, long story made short, when I upgraded Data Counter and lost Corona Untether, I lost the capability to boot my phone.

I changed my iOS version number back to 5.0.1, installed Corona again and rebooted smoothly.

I hope that this info may help you guys.

Best regards.