Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

setaman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2012
I have a 3g iphone, version 4.2.1 and ipad baseband and yesterday I clicked reset all settings and now it's stuck. I know the problem is that I have to downgrade and stuff but every thing i look at says to put it in DFU or restore mode which I cant do because my iphone won't turn off no matter how long I hold the sleep/home buttons. :/ what can I do ? :(

p.s. im a newb at this sort of stuff.. so if you can help me out and give me a detailed description, that'd be great!

foxyfabio

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2011
Kauai, Hawaii
I have a 3g iphone, version 4.2.1 and ipad baseband and yesterday I clicked reset all settings and now it's stuck. I know the problem is that I have to downgrade and stuff but every thing i look at says to put it in DFU or restore mode which I cant do because my iphone won't turn off no matter how long I hold the sleep/home buttons. :/ what can I do ? :(

p.s. im a newb at this sort of stuff.. so if you can help me out and give me a detailed description, that'd be great!

plug it in and see if itunes recognizes it.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
you don't ever do that to a jailbroken phone. You need to get it back into dfu mode and rejailbreak with redsn0w or pwnage tools you can't use itunes because of the iPad baseband. Iclairified has tutorials and the iphone hack sections is where you want to be.. I've never played with the iPad baseband so I'm not a expert there.

setaman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2012
iTunes does not recognize it and the apple logo.

I've been trying to get it into DFU mode with redsn0w for hours but it just wont work! it says to turn off and then do it but i can't because the phone won't turn off.

slim shady

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2012
you don't ever do that to a jailbroken phone. You need to get it back into dfu mode and rejailbreak with redsn0w or pwnage tools you can't use itunes because of the iPad baseband. Iclairified has tutorials and the iphone hack sections is where you want to be.. I've never played with the iPad baseband so I'm not a expert there.

Well, since the start ive been trying to do that but it wouldnt get to dfu, instead it would go to recovery... thats really my problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.