iPhone stuck on apple logo

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by v-roc, Jul 22, 2008.

1. v-roc macrumors newbie

My iphone crashed and is now stuck on the apple logo for over 20 min. I tried to plug it into itunes but I got no response and it didn't show up in itunes. How do I get it to restore. Thanks

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

1. Press and hold the Home button for at least six seconds, until the application you were using quits.

2. If that doesn't work, turn iPhone off and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPhone for a few seconds until a red slider appears, and then slide the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

3. If that doesn't work, reset iPhone. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

from iPhone: Basic Troubleshooting

3. honeytoast macrumors regular

There will be no recovering from where you are at as far as I know. I have had this happen multiple times since 2.0 upgrade and the only way to fix it is to restore the phone. Hold the home button while you plug the phone into your computer. Keep the button held down until it shows the connect to itunes screen and you can then restore the phone with iTunes.

4. v-roc thread starter macrumors newbie

It worked...

Thanks, I love the upgrade but it has been extremely buggy ever since. I tried everything else that was suggested but your suggestion is the only one that worked. I'm at work and I'm glad I just backed up (30 min process BTW) last night. I did however have the unofficial 2.0 version so hopefully this won't be as buggy. :apple:

5. jobsfnby macrumors regular

how'd it happen???

What happened to get it to be stuck on the apple screen?

Has it happened since you restored it?

6. doobs macrumors regular

This has happened to me twice now. This last time, I clicked on App Store (within iPhone) to install an update that was listed. It kicked back out to the home screen as normal and then froze. It is still frozen and I am about to do my second restore since I bought it on the 11th. This is piss poor for Apple. The 2.0 software is much slower and more unreliable than the first version. I truly hope that they fix this soon!!!