iPhone stuck on blinking apple logo.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by killtez123, Jul 14, 2016.

1. killtez123 macrumors newbie

So.. I decided to see if I could make appstore think I had ios 8. So I went to ifile and changed the line that said 7.0.1 to 8.0.1 I don't even know if there's a 8.0.1 ios out there but regardless it didn't work. So I thought maybe if I turn off the phone and turn it back on, so I did and now It's stuck at just black screen then apple logo, black screen and then apple logo over and over again.. Is there any way to fix this? I have tried pretty much everything I can since I don't wanna have to restore it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks =)

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I think if you had OpenSSH installed you may be able to access it, but if not, kiss your jailbreak goodbye.

Note that if you had succeeded in fooling the app store about your version of iOS you still would have had no guarantee that the app would run. A majority of the time the version requirement is there because the app uses system frameworks that do not exist in previous versions.

You would have opened the app only to have it crash.

On the other hand, you can run that app now. You just don't have a jailbreak anymore.

3. killtez123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright so you're telling me that there is a way for me to get my phone to work again, lose my jailbreak but not lose all my photos and text messages etc? :) EDIT: And yeah I guessed it would've just crashed but I just had to try and see.. Biggest mistake of like this month lol.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No, I'm saying that I *think* there is a way to get to your phone if you had OpenSSH installed. If you did, then you'd have to look up how to do that - and as I've never done anything like that before I have no idea if it would be successful or not.

If you did not have OpenSSH installed then you're screwed. A restore, probably a DFU restore, is your only option. If you don't have a recent backup then you've lost all your latest content.

My understanding is that modifiying the system version and then rebooting screws everything up.

But again, once you restore and get your phone upgraded you'll be able to use that app you were after because you'll now be on the latest version of iOS.

You just will have lost your jailbreak and any content you didn't back up.

In my opinion, not a very good trade.