iphone stuck on boot screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by flipboi, Nov 16, 2008.

1. flipboi macrumors newbie

hey guys i have an iphone 3g thats jailbroken with winpwn 2.1. I installed an application in cydia called 'app store patch 2.1'. after the installation was done it said i had to respring the board so i did, but it took a very long time, so i just left it there. When i came back to check it, it was restarted to the pineapple logo and after a while it would restart again, but it wont pass that stage. I've read around that there is a way for me to bypass this without restoring my phone because i have some stuff in my phone that i badly need. restoring is my last option !!! so any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. flipboi thread starter macrumors newbie

pelase any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

Apple Logo of Death.

Try plugging your phone into a USB port, and give it a few minutes. Sometimes, that alone, will fix it.

Otherwise, force your phone into a restore. In this case, you will have to re-jailbreak.

4. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

From what I read, he didn't want to do that since he has information on there he didn't want to lose.

Do you have SSH enabled? If so, you can use Terminal (if you're on Mac) to SSH into it and relaunch the springboard. If you need anymore help, post back and I'll tell you how to do it.

5. stratalini macrumors newbie

6. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Sounds like one of the old bugs where you had too many apps it would freeze on the apple screen... that sucked. I do not miss those days

Glad it worked out for you in the end