iPhone stuck on Emergency Call screen, No Sim Card?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shivam3d, Jul 27, 2010.

1. shivam3d macrumors newbie

I had unlocked and jailbreaked iPhone 3G with OS 3.1.2 which my friend's uncle bought from london and uncle gave the iPhone to my friend, me and my friend live in India. I purchased the iPhone from my friend. He took his sim card. I am in USA these days, it was working fine but then one day I started uninstalling some cydia apps to speed up the Phone, when I installed one app then it restarted then after that it shuts down after the apple logo.

I read somewhere on net and decided to restore. I downloaded several old firmwares but it don't get accepted by apple (I mean it gave me error after something showing like "verifying iPhone restore with Apple"). So I clicked "restore and update" it is now restored and updated to 4.0.1.

Now, The Problem Is ->

After the restore, the phone got locked to the emergency mode only. It shows a image of USB connecting to iTunes. When I connect it to iTunes it says it need SIM card, which I don't have. I want to unlock and jailbreak it.

Is it possible? At least to unlock and activate the iPhone without Sim Card?

2. lucaya macrumors member

Me 2

Having the same problem, wish someone would answer!