Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boxseed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
i have a iphone thats stuck on the logo, it was jailbroken, it had a cracked screen so i took it apart and fixed it, so i put it all back together and now its stuck on the logo whick has never happened to me.... i try to reboot it, and it give me a error saying it can not be restored. and i tried hooking it up to a different computer after it didnt work on my main desktop. any suggestions? if not could i take it back to apple and will they give me a refurbished iphone?

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Try restoring in DFU mode. Google "iPhone DFU" to find out how to do this.

If this doesn't fix it it sounds like you may have messed it up when you took it apart. Apple won't give you a refurbished iPhone if you took it apart.

boxseed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Try restoring in DFU mode. Google "iPhone DFU" to find out how to do this.

If this doesn't fix it it sounds like you may have messed it up when you took it apart. Apple won't give you a refurbished iPhone if you took it apart.

ok so if i just opened it, they will not give me a phone? and i tried the dfu mode still doesnt work

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
ok so if i just opened it, they will not give me a phone? and i tried the dfu mode still doesnt work

What version iPhone do you have and when did you buy it? To what extend did you open it, did you just peek in behind the cover or did you actually take out components.

Also try DFU mode a few times before giving up sometimes it takes a few times to work.

Collin789

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Try holding down the home button and then plugging it into the computer. Btw, this will force a restore...buts it's better than what you have now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.