iPhone Stuck On Logo Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MikeN02, Nov 26, 2010.

1. MikeN02 macrumors newbie

First off I did use the search button, and google for 2 days no and am no where close.

Story:
    A couple months ago my brother dropped his iPhone 3GS 8g on carpet. Then it won't turn on. Plugged it into the wallcharger/computer and it would just show the logo screen and after a few seconds go away.

I'm taking the time now to try and fix it, pretty sure that it's out of warranty. So I tried putting it in DFU mode, recognized it in itunes (10.1 latest version) but when I tried to restore it it won't restore as I get an error 23. I tried restarting my computer, different USB ports, turning my computer off and on, default browser as firefox, opera, and internet explorer, etc

I feel as I'm really close to fixing this problem but I just can't figure it out, also the phone wasn't jail broken either.

2. Hologram777 macrumors member

Hologram777

Maybe trying to restore it on a different computer with iTunes might help? Or if not you can probably try to uninstall iTunes and reinstall it and try the restore like that. But it does sound like you are close to fixing it. GL!

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

if your phone truly is a 3gs 8gig then it is still under warranty. they just came out in june or july.