iPhone stuck on recovery mode after jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ouzododeka, Aug 4, 2012.

1. ouzododeka macrumors newbie

I had jailbroken my iphone 3gs quite a while ago, and recently decided to give it as a gift to my friend. I restored the phone holding down the sleep/power off button and the home button simultaneously. It was stuck showing an apple logo for quite a while. It then got to a screen where a usb connector is below an arrow pointing to the itunes logo. I plug the iphone into itunes, and the iphone subcategory appears in itunes. When i click on the iphone tab, it shows a white screen with the word "iphone" on it. Just that. I would like some enlightenment as to how I can get the iphone to respond and if this has anything to do with the fact that it was jailbroken. I cannot remember the program that I used to jailbreak. Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing.

Attached Files:

• fre.png
      fre.png
      File size:
      163.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You want to restore it to stock iOS? Put it into DFU mode (Google it) and restore it.

3. ouzododeka thread starter macrumors newbie

I also see a lock in the top middle part of the screen. Does this help?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Just put it into DFU mode and restore it in iTunes.

5. ouzododeka thread starter macrumors newbie

I switched off the iphone and then held down the power and home buttons together until the apple logo appeared at which point I let go of the power button while continuing to press down the home button. The same connect to itunes screen appeared and when I connected it to itunes no recovery message popped up. The iphone tab appears with a loading icon on it and then it takes me to the iphone page showing me this message at the same time.

Attached Files:

• fr.png
      fr.png
      File size:
      202.3 KB
      Views: