iPhone stuck on recovery mode after jailbreak

ouzododeka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
I had jailbroken my iphone 3gs quite a while ago, and recently decided to give it as a gift to my friend. I restored the phone holding down the sleep/power off button and the home button simultaneously. It was stuck showing an apple logo for quite a while. It then got to a screen where a usb connector is below an arrow pointing to the itunes logo. I plug the iphone into itunes, and the iphone subcategory appears in itunes. When i click on the iphone tab, it shows a white screen with the word "iphone" on it. Just that. I would like some enlightenment as to how I can get the iphone to respond and if this has anything to do with the fact that it was jailbroken. I cannot remember the program that I used to jailbreak. Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing.

Attachments

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You want to restore it to stock iOS? Put it into DFU mode (Google it) and restore it.

ouzododeka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
I switched off the iphone and then held down the power and home buttons together until the apple logo appeared at which point I let go of the power button while continuing to press down the home button. The same connect to itunes screen appeared and when I connected it to itunes no recovery message popped up. The iphone tab appears with a loading icon on it and then it takes me to the iphone page showing me this message at the same time.

Attachments