Iphone Stuck On recovery mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xJaypex, Mar 1, 2010.

1. xJaypex macrumors newbie

ok guys sorry for another related thread, but i think mine is kind of different? or maybe not.

So my problem started yesterday when my phone got wet, not fell on water but water fell on it. I opened it up and dried it up, but when i connected it it wouldnt turn back on. So this morning i tried turning it on and it did.

So my problem is that the phone is stuck in recovery mode, before that it just got stuck in the apple logo till i tried restoring it.

Itunes gives me error 6 and sometimes 13

i dont care what i have to do i just want my phone to work, i have att so i dont care about the baseband or w.e

please help?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Water possibly got into the USB port on bottom of phone (error 13) I have read of some sort of cleaner used to fix this as I recall but can't remember the specifics. You might try Google.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Your phone has water damage. No hack is going to fix it. You can try drying it out in a Ziploc bag full of silica gel or rice and cleaning the dock connector contacts with alcohol, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

4. xJaypex thread starter macrumors newbie

so if it still turns on and everything just wont restore,

replacing the usb dock might fix this right? i found one on ebay for only 12 bucks that has the speakers in it already, does that sond like a good deal to you guys?

5. jesusmolinar macrumors newbie

so this just happened to me did you ever fix it

i mean the exact same thing with error 6 but no 13 and i cant fix it i need help:confused::confused:

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just fixing the dock connector doesn't ensure your phone will work afterwards. It's best to just get it replaced for $199 and be more careful next time.