Iphone Stuck on Safe mode 3.1.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ivenus, Feb 3, 2010.

1. ivenus macrumors member

Okay so my Fiance and myself both have Jailbroken iphone He has a a 3G and myself i have a 3GS; his is unlocked mine is not. But Both of our 3.1.2 Iphones are stuck in a Safe mode and no matter what we do we are unable to get out of the safe mode. Any ideas?

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

What do you mean by "Safe Mode"?

3. ivenus thread starter macrumors member

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Are you talking about the MobileSubstrate Safe Mode? Just reboot your phone.

5. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Yup I reckon they are. Only ever had that happen to me when I was jailbroken, is the main reason I went back to official firmware.

6. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

So something is causing it to go into safe mode, maybe software recently installed? Do you think you both may have done something at the same time, like synced them?

7. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

yeah it is weird that both phones are doing it... Their has to be something you installed... it could be something as small as a toggle in sbsettings or a theme..

I also had this problem.. my phone would boot into safe mode but a simple respring would fix the problem... Try sliding to unlock. then click the time at the top of the home screen. Then click respring.. See if that works..

If that doesnt work. I'm afraid you will have to do a restore.. Make sure both of your restore keys are backed up in cydia because you can not do a restore to 3.1.2 anymore..the only way you can do this is if you backup the keys in cydia...

8. ivenus thread starter macrumors member

I havent dL'd anything from Cydia in a while and my phone was stuck unlocking to read a SMS message so i held down Home and Power and it took me to the safe mode with the blk and white picture of a sad iphone. and now i cant get it out of the safe mode. Any ideas? Is there a way to turn back time on a iphone?

9. ivenus thread starter macrumors member

And it says " MobileSubstrate /did not/ cause this problem

Also i cant get into my SB settings because when i touch the top of the bar the error message comes up.

10. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

So then you should probably uninstall some stuff in cydia, like SBsettings.

11. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

MobileSubstrate did not cause the problem, no, one of the apps that relies on MobileSubstrate did. Do the following:

1) Go to Cydia>Manage>Packages>Mobile Substrate>Modify>Remove.

2) Note all of the packages which will be removed so that you can reinstall them at a later date.

3) Click confirm to uninstall.

This will uninstall Mobile Substrate and all packages that depend on it.

When done, restart your phone (hold power for 5 seconds, slide to power off, wait 10 seconds, restart). This should have fixed your problem.

You can then re-install any of the packages you noted in step 2 that you still want, one at a time. You should probably restart between each package you install. If at any point you get the Safe Mode message, the last package you installed is probably the culprit.

12. ivenus thread starter macrumors member

It was an app called "AnyRing" both of our 10 day subscription was over.

13. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

14. ivenus thread starter macrumors member

yeah it fixed it; but my partners phone is still spinning around idk how to fix that

15. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Spinning around?

16. ivenus thread starter macrumors member

black screen white circle thing spinning around

17. 1nsaneNerd macrumors newbie

OMG thank you!

I was having this same problem today and have been uninstalling all of my mobilesubstrate apps. I was about to do a complete re-image of my phone until I did one more quick search and read what the poster above had put and it worked. That stupid app ANYRING was the root of my problem as well. It had expired the trial and was causing my phone to do this. Very poor development if you ask me as this is not the first version either and this is something that is VERY noticeable if it is happening to more than one person. Sorry for the long post I just needed to rant about this horrible app that caused this as well as thank the posters and this site for the help ;)

CZ

18. breakneck01 macrumors newbie

Just to let everyone know I also had the exact same problem, AnyRing expired, safe mode kicked in, removed it, all is well. Awful programming.

19. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

I almost wonder if they did that on purpose. Like to make sure you but it or something. Although I don't really see how that could help them.

20. maddog49 macrumors newbie

Is Flo Rida somewhere around there singing???...hahahaha

21. MR.FULLMOON macrumors newbie

MR.FULLMOON

:)

Hey guy's!
    Well, here I got the same problrm 'In the Safe mode'.:eek:
    that was occurred directly after I install "Mywi 4.0" from the source: heaveniphone.com .

I fixed this by simply uninstall it! :cool:

My best regards from Saudi Arabia! :)

22. DrumNman macrumors newbie

This worked for me and my 3G AWESOME...Thanks a million :))

AWESOME.... worked for me and the 3g...Thanks

23. labman macrumors 604

labman

Glad it worked for you that's is great.. This is how you make a old thread work for you.. Fantastic!!!! :D a little searching and he is happy..