iPhone Stuck Searching for Carriers While in Airplane Mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Franklyfresh, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Franklyfresh macrumors newbie

Whatsup guys, I think I bugged my iPhone... Hopefully you guys can help me out.

I put my 3gs on airplane mode when I'm in class so it doesn't go off. But today for some reason after I took my phone out and went to settings it automatically shows me the carriers screen. Automatic is not checked, and it keeps "searching". No matter how long I leave it there it still says "searching". I assumed this was because it's in airplane mode and can't detect any signal.

Problem is, whenever I go to settings it automatically takes me to the carrier page and I can't turn off airplane mode. Everything else works on the phone. I tried taking out and replacing the SIM, but that didn't do anything. I wouldn't mind just restoring my phone, but the problem is the power/lock button on my iphone doesnt work. I never turned my phone off and not being able to lock it was never too much of a problem so I didn't bother fixing that.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. The phone is useless to me while in airplane mode, but I can't turn it off.

2. xela24678 macrumors regular

you don't need the power/lock button to make the iPhone restore. Just go to iTunes and restore it from there.

3. Franklyfresh, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011

Franklyfresh thread starter macrumors newbie

Right haha... thanks. Would that solve the problem? Also my 3gs is unlocked... would it be safe to restore through itunes like that?

edit**

Full restore worked, thanks.