iPhone Stylus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by NJRonbo, Sep 10, 2014.

1. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

Hello Everyone!

Android Note III user switching back to the iPhone brand after 3 years.

Have to say, the best thing about my android phone, besides its size, was the fact I could pull out the stylus and write quick notes.

Would like to continue that tradition with the iPhone 6 Plus.

Looking for a stylus, I suppose with a more durable point, that would allow me to not only write notes with pen-like precision, but just for navigating around the phone in general.

Yes, I know there are other threads on this topic, however they are primarily aimed for the iPad.

So, anyone using a stylus that works well as a navigation tool as well as a pen to take notes? What would you recommend?

Thank You

2. vulcanvillalta macrumors 6502

The stylus that you were using will probably still work. I'm using an amPen stylus for stuff like that, but it doesn't mimic a pen's sensitivity.

3. NJRonbo thread starter macrumors 68000

I like that stylus, but for writing notes, I would need a finer tip.

4. vulcanvillalta macrumors 6502

I agree- just use the one you're already using for that. I use this for texting, and playing games. nothing intricate.

5. NJRonbo thread starter macrumors 68000

Here's the problem...

The stylus I use is the Samsung stylus that slides in and out of their Note III.

That is being sold with the phone.

So, I have to find a suitable replacement.

6. vulcanvillalta macrumors 6502

Ooohhhhhh, gotcha. I dont think that apple offers anything comparable to that (in terms of sliding in and out of the phone) unless if you had a case that would allow you to do that? I'm not sure, I've never had the luxury of that. I've had a few iPhones, and I dont think that is a feature that i've heard of.

7. venom600 macrumors 6502a

I'll save you the trouble... I've spent hundreds looking for a stylus that can come close to the Note's and nothing works as well, even teh fine tipped ones like the Jot Script. The digitizer is simply not high enough resolution for writing normally (it was designed for fingers, not pens), though slow movements like drawing work well. Even the active ones can't keep up with normal writing.

8. NJRonbo thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks, Venom.

A shame. I was really hoping I could continue the tradition of note-taking on the iPhone.