iPhone subliminal ads!? Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JasonR, May 8, 2011.

1. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

So I just noticed something odd on my iPhone 4. My iphone 4 is jailbroken (as can be seen by the screen shot). Occasionally, when I close an app, open an app, or unlock my phone I will see an ad, and I caught one with a screen cap. The screen crap is from unlocking the phone (which I had locked on the messaging ap). You can clearly see an ad at the top of the screen as the messaging app (the stock messaging app) is coming up.

Has anyone got this? I'm a little worried I might have some sort of spyware on my phone or something. I'm thinking about resetting the phone and putting it on stock firmware.

Suggestions? Anyone else had this issue?

Attached Files:

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Seems more like a glitch than anything. I've never seen this.

3. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

That looks wierd

4. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I've seen something similar caused by a jailbroken app...the app that allows you to set a scrolling wallpaper so each homescreen has a different one...it causes apps to run at 1/4 the size and in the top right corner.

perhaps you have something similar installed?

5. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Not sure if this will help... But do you have backgrounder installed? When I have Words With Friends opened (and backgrounded) it displays an iAd on my homescreen. It's probably an issue with iAds and backgrounder (at least for me.)

6. JasonR thread starter macrumors 6502a

JasonR

No I don't have backgrounder installed..but I do have lockinfo, notified pro and notification grip. It does look like an iAd...definitely very odd.

I have bought some jailbroken apps but I've been thinking about going back to stock...but I just dunno. lol

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Restore it back to factory firmware and see if the problem stops.

8. err404, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011

err404 macrumors 68020

It's the JB. Mine did the same thing when I applied greenpois0n. Removing the JB fixed the issue.

FYI - I experienced the issue with only the base JB installed. No other apps were installed from Cydia or the App Store. You could try JB's from other groups to see if the issue persists.

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Probably your JB...and those aren't subliminal ads.

10. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

[​IMG]

Beat it with a hammer until it stops. Don't forget to wear your tinfoil hat either!

11. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Why do posters with jail broken devices that suffer weird IOs problems

1. Not disclose their device is jail broken in their first post?
    2. Post in a non iHacks section?

12. err404 macrumors 68020

In fairness OP did strongly imply that his device was JB when he mentioned reverting back to a Stock Firmware.

13. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Unless the OP edited the post and MacRumors isn't noting the edit, your first point isn't valid. I will concede the second point. Anytime I have a question or issue that may have something to do with a jailbreak I post it in hacks. Then again I'd consider things like the Gevey SIM unlock to be hacks as well, and plenty of people post about that in the non-hacks section.

14. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

If you want to continue to use the phone JB I recomend you first restore it to factory state, JB again, and then install your JB apps one by one untill you find which one is causing the problem.