iPhone suddenly won't sync - "chosen archive doesn't exist"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by felixen, Jul 22, 2011.

1. felixen macrumors 6502a

Hey,

My jailbroken iPhone 4 4.3.2 (at least I think that's the version - I have the second newest one) suddenly won't sync no more.

It does the backup process like usually and the progress bar in the top of iTunes looks like it's syncing stuff, but when the sync ends I get a message saying "the chosen archive doesn't exist" (in Danish so it may be a different error message to you guys) and nothing has been synced to my phone. I don't know what this means at all as I don't really remember installing anything special that would mess up my phone/Mac. Going from snow leopard to lion didn't fix a thing.. Also it seems I can transfer new apps/updated apps from my phone to iTunes just fine

Any suggestions other than restoring??

Thanks!

2. jonrando macrumors 6502a

3. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Will that delete my playlists, covers and such?

4. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Any other suggestions? Could it be something from cydia I can download as a fix? Can I somehow read an image of the backup copies made in iTunes from when my phone worked? Is there supposedly a fix for iTunes I could try and install??

6. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can I reinstall my iTunes without it deleting my playlists and all the song info (track titles, artists, cover art etc) I have edited manually?? Or is there possibly another way to fix this annoying problem?

Thanks y'all!