Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
I climbed to the top of Stone Mountain near Atlanta to take some evening and super moon photos. There was quite a crowd on top of the big rock, and several people who, like me, brought their tripods and cameras along. I took several sunset pictures with my Canon 60D, but it wasn't very interesting overall. It was hazy and the clouds were not low. I took a few with my iPhone as well. I actually like how they came out better. I had my 60D zoomed in to the city skyline, and after seeing my iPhone versions, I'd have done better with wide angle. At least I have the iPhone versions. :)

I used both Camera+ and the built-in on HDR mode. I edited using Camera+, and the last one (my favorite) was further edited using 100Camerasin1.

Macshroomer

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
Wow, is something wrong with your iPhone? They look really bad in terms of color and gamut, not real at all.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Interesting photos. Thanks. I guess you zoomed in? Mooon is a lot smaller in my uncropped iPhone 4 photo.

Wow, is something wrong with your iPhone? They look really bad in terms of color and gamut, not real at all.

Ever heard of HDR?

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
These are sunsets, not moon. The sun left a larger bright spot. And yes, the color is not accurate because I messed with them to make them look more artistic. The "not real" was intentional. The sunset by itself was not that exciting. The last one had a texture and color effect applied that gave it the blues on the bottom and made the haze look more like steam. It also brought out the far off skyline lines more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.