iPhone supplied earbuds with handsfree button - any good 3rd party replacements?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by paulobrad, Dec 26, 2007.

1. paulobrad macrumors regular

Is there yet any quality 3rd party headsets for iPhone with the hands-free microphone and button? I don't like the trite white earbuds that come supplied.

I know there's devices that do the same thing but you plug your own headphones into it and then that into the iPhone - so *lots*of wires!

Preferably I like non in-ear buds but rather a headband sort that go round the back of my head with the simple button to receive calls and skip tracks...and not in white.

Cheers.

2. PhatBoyG macrumors regular

PhatBoyG

Shure makes an MPA-3C (check #) that works with the iPhone and allows you to use virtually any headphones with a 3.5mm jack. I use it with my E500's and it works perfectly.

3. paulobrad thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, they look alright but I don't understand why none of these companies manufacture a nice set of headphones and so the whole product.

The problem here is I will still need to clip the button and mic on to me, and have a long wire from the headphones going into it.

So is there no one that yet makes the full end to end product?

4. FunkyJunk macrumors regular

FunkyJunk

The V-Moda Vibe Duo headset is a direct replacement for the Apple one. You can find it at the Apple online store or in person at the retail stores.

edit: looks like Ultimate Ears has a product there too.

5. paulobrad thread starter macrumors regular

Apologies, I should have said in my first post that I was aware of the £70 ($100) V-Moda headphones, and the ultimate ears $150 pair, is there no lower end models?

I know in life if there is something you really want you need to pay for it but those sums of money for headphones are a *lot*.

6. mrJnC macrumors regular

7. zenmark macrumors newbie

UltimateBuds did previously have in stock iphone headphones that were made by xtreme Mac/Future Sonics called the FS1s, and those ones are really quite amazing, I got them after my Shure e3c's didnt fit and the cord was too long to get an adapter for them (the new shure line dont have this problem since they detach near the middle of the chest). If you have any appreciation for good sound then getting nice canal phones really is worth it, the sound quality is so much nicer.